Patisserie Development Chef
£27,000 - £29,000
Job ref: 8570
We are seeking a talented individual to join a leading provider of premium quality products to food manufacturers, foodservice, and retailers throughout the UK. The business has undergone significant growth due to its dedication to exceptional customer service and high-quality products.
About the Patisserie Development Chef job
The purpose of your role will be to join the NPD team undertaking product development activity in-line with customer requirements under the guidance and direction of the NPD Controller.
- To create and develop new ideas and recipes for new and existing products. Ensuring that all projects are delivered within the timescales agreed and fully document all recipe development ensuring that the NPD process is always followed.
- Ensure the smooth handover of all kitchen development to the process technologist and to assist in bakery trials when required.
- Monitor early production to ensure we deliver the desired new product & review development products against HACCP plans.
- Actively contribute to NPD meetings and reviews and keep up to date with all new trends and innovation within and report all findings and ideas to the business.
- Perform any other reasonable task at the request of the management team.
The successful candidate should have a natural passion for food, especially baking, be highly organised and able to manage your own workload. A background of working within a professional kitchen, restaurant, or development ideally in patisserie is an advantage (minimum of two years’ experience) and a baking or patisserie qualification.
- Good attention to detail and basic mathematical skills.
- IT Literate and strong communications skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent time management.
The Patisserie Development Chef job is based in Berkshire and is paying £27,000 - £29,000 according to your experience.
The package includes company events, company pension, cycle to work scheme, free parking, life insurance and a health and wellbeing programme.
The working hours are Monday to Friday 08:30 - 16:30 or 09:00 - 17:00.
Alternate job titles
Desserts Development Chef | NPD Chef | Pastry Chef | Patisserie Product Development | Pastry Development jobs | Desserts NPD Technologist | Food Manufacturing Development Chef Jobs