Head of Environment, Health and Safety
£60-70k (DoE) + £5.5k Car Allowance + 10% Bonus
Job Reference: GG/14989
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing food manufacturer supplying the major retailers and employing around 500 people across 2 sites.
As the Head of Environment, Health and Safety, you will define and implement the company’s EHS strategy.
Reporting to the Operations Director, you will:
- Coach and develop stakeholders within wider departments to deliver business Environmental, Health & Safety objectives.
- Act in an advisory capacity to ensure compliance with Health & Safety legislation.
- Conduct and support accident investigations with relevant departmental managers.
- Identify areas of improvement to meet current standards imposed by legislation, ACOP’s or HSE guidance.
- Carry-out and support insurance liability, and energy ESOS surveys to ensure compliance and carry-out improvements where applicable.
- Analysing Environmental, Health & Safety Data, with the aim of creating a better safer, greener working environment with an engaged workforce.
- NEBOSH (General Certification as well as Environmental Management)
- Experience in operating in a Health & Safety role within a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task with strong organisation skills.
- Significant understanding of operational and strategic people initiatives.
- Ongoing understanding of Environment, Health & Safety legislation.
If you feel you fit the brief for this opportunity and would like to take on a new challenge with an exciting business, click ‘apply now’ to be considered.
Or contact Gilbert Gregory on 02037943983 or 07487732962 or firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference GG/14989.