PepsiCo UK is home to some of the world's most loved food and drink products. Making every day favourites like Walkers, Quaker, Doritos, Pipers and Monster Munch, to name a few! We have a fantastic reputation for developing and launching products that our consumers love. PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers around the world more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories. The company generated $86 billion in net revenue in 2022. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and in 2023 have been awarded the Times Top 50 Employers for Gender Equality (formerly Times Top 50 Employers for Women) for the 18th year in a row and Top Employer for the 12th year in a row.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Beverages and Convenient Foods by Winning with PepsiCo Positive (pep+). pep+ is our strategic end-to-end transformation that puts sustainability and human capital at the center of how we will create value and growth by operating within planetary boundaries and inspiring positive change for planet and people. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com. Position Summary:
Reports to: Shift Operations Manager
Direct reports: None
Working Hours: 12 hour continental shifts, based on a 3/2 pattern rotating across nights and days. This will include workings weekends and bank holidays.
Salary: £28,186 per annum (inclusive of shift allowance) Main Accountability:
It is an exciting time for us and we continually strive to improve our business performance. Our Production Operatives (PO) are a huge part of our operation and work across every area of the plant undertaking a variety of crucial tasks to maintain our high standards. You will be part of a busy team who are committed to the PepsiCo brand. In joining this team you will be supported in your role via a team of co-ordinators and you will be responsible for the performance of your zone using our LEAN Manufacturing framework.
What we are looking for?
- To operate effectively, one of our food packing lines, as part of a small line team
- Carry out and record all quality checks at specified intervals, (escalating any non-conformances)
- To carry out all sanitation & CRP tasks to the required standard & Complete all paperwork in a timely and accurate fashion to ensure full traceability,
- To maintain a Safe, Healthy and hygienic work place. Work safely and improve safety through plant systems. (Near Misses and Food Safety Near Misses),
- Drive the plant key performance indicator (KPI) targets of cost, quality, service, hygiene and safety,
- Take responsibility and ownership for the zone that you work in and the plant in general. This includes good housekeeping, hygiene, and 5s / lean standards & standards are met,
- Operates using OEE data to improve cost, quality, efficiency and reduce waste,
- Use data from Lineview to understand how your machine is performing, accounting for any stoppages by adding commentary - and initiating root cause analysis for any gaps to standard (waste or output)
- Ability to work on your own and in a small team.
- Previous experience in food manufacturing would be desirable but not essential
- All basic training will be provided, however, good numeric and computer skills are an advantage,
- Ability to work well within a team environment - with good communication skills,
- Ability to operate machinery and carry out minor adjustments to machines if required,
- Results focused to ensure that all targets are met,
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written,
- Self motivated and uses initiative,
- Strong team player who adopts continuous improvement approach,
- Promotes safe working practices.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, disability or race including; color, nationality, ethnic or national origin.