Europastry is a leading European bakery company with production sites throughout Europe and an R&D site in the UK. Innovation is in our DNA with the client being the focus that guides our innovation policy. We are primarily bakers, eager to transform bakery as we know it.
Due to expansion, we are looking for two Product Developers to join our R&D team based at our UK site. The R&D function plays a key part in developing and delivering new and innovative products for our customers. The role is predominantly office/bakery based, with some working from home days available and travel within the UK & Europe as required.
- Developing new products from concept to launch as detailed on customer briefs and for internal campaigns.
- Handling all project paperwork including costings, new product set-up documentation, new ingredient approval, recipe and costing set-ups.
- Sourcing new ingredients, fit for purpose in terms of cost and meeting customer and site requirements.
- Hands on testing of recipes in development bakery and scaling up for production. Sample preparation, assessment & distribution.
- Running NPD trials, preparing all information and overseeing first productions.
- Supporting Commercial teams with customer visits and trade shows.
- Researching market trends to drive product innovation.
Essential / Desirable skills include:
- Needs to have a genuine passion for food and product innovation.
- Previous NPD experience working in the food industry, ideally with a bakery background.
- Preferably a degree, HNC or a BTEC in in a food related subject.
- A good understanding of food ingredients, processes and recipe formulation.
- Capable of managing multiple projects and working to tight deadlines.
- Well organised with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently & in a collaborative team environment.