Our client, a chilled and frozen Food Manufacturer, is looking to appoint a hands-on Technical Supervisor for their site based in SW London. The successful candidate will be providing technical support and service, both internally and with external clients, ensuring the product and service provided is fit for purpose, including legal compliance and meeting customer expectations.
Reporting to the Department Manager, responsibilities for the role will include:
• Overseeing the compliance and training of Food Safety & Quality Management Systems
• Working closely with production to ensure products meet food safety legislation, SALSA and Soil Association standards and relevant client technical and quality requirements
• Ensuring that non-conformances are recorded, investigated, and communicated appropriately and that corrective actions are implemented
• Collaboration on incidents, product withdrawal and product recall
• Supervising technical aspects of product launches including shelf-life determination, production flows and creation of all technical documentation. This includes attending factory trials to provide technical support
• Internal auditing to ensure Food Safety and Quality Management Systems are being applied
• Supervision of the site micro testing schedule
Essential / Desirable skills and experience include:
• A Food Science Degree / Food Technology background or equivalent
• Food Manufacturing experience within a Technical Team.
• Auditing experience with HACCP 2 or above
• Strong organisational, communication and analytical skills with good attention to detail
• Strong collaborative culture, working with other departments to ensure consistently high standards of food quality
• Whole team are working together to become the finest food production company in the UK, with a focus on ensuring that products are safe and delivered to the highest standards of food quality
• Family feel to the business. Strong on integrity with a feel-good positive atmosphere
The working hours of this role are Monday to Friday, 42 hours per week, with the possibility of hybrid working up to 2 days per week. The salary is £30k - £35k per annum.
If you are interested in applying for this role please apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4802 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.