Protea Recruitment is working with a market leader in their field, who is looking for a Junior development chef who will Join the Development team and assist in developing new products through blue-sky concepts and maintain core catalogue growth through product maintenance.
Junior Development Chef
Salary: Between £30,000 and £40,000
- Support with Preparing kitchen samples for internal and external reviews as necessary, ensuring that these are delivered in an accurate and timely fashion, to the correct specification and brief, as set down by the NPD Manager.
- Working as part of a team and liaising with external customers to bring brand-new concepts to the table. In this exciting and challenging role, you'll be instrumental in delivering innovative concepts.
- Researching products, brainstorming new ideas, creating, presenting & cooking new concepts for customers.
- Assist in making presentations to both the business and its customers.
- Challenge current products and processes in a constructive manner and recommend improvements and upgrades as appropriate.
- Assist in arranging the delivery and collection of raw materials from the factory - recording usage and wastage.
- Assisting with inputting recipes into the appropriate documentation and software system to create a complete costing, nutritional information, product code & final product description. You will be required to liaise with other departments and suppliers to obtain this information in a timely manner
- Experienced Chef.
- Working with fresh food and ingredients.
- Experience in working in a fast-paced environment.
**Protea Recruitment has authorisation from our client to advertise and recruit on their behalf.
If you have not heard from one of our consultants within five working days from submission, you have not met the criteria of this vacancy set by our client and are unsuccessful in moving to the next stage.