Shift Pattern: Panama (days and nights rotating, 6am – 6pm, 6pm – 6am)
Are you looking for a company where growth opportunities are endless? If the answer is Yes, then McCormick is a perfect place for you!
This is a great opportunity to join our team and continue the great work in bringing to life our condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
Due to our Engineering team expansion, we are currently looking for Maintenance Engineers who will take an active part in the development of one of McCormick’s key manufacturing plants. This role will be responsible for line monitoring, fault finding and problem-solving systems/techniques to maximise the utilisation of all company plant and equipment, by minimising downtime through scheduled, planned, or ad hoc maintenance, and continuous improvement.
- Continuously assess company plant and equipment for efficiency, purpose and implement improvements so that output will be optimised, inform of non-compliances.
- Help reduce the company’s "Carbon Footprint" by efficient utilisation of resources, i.e.: Energy Usage, Waste Disposal, etc.
- Liaise and work closely with the production team enabling timely start-up of plant.
- Work safely, complying with the obligations under Health and Safety regulations.
- Study production schedules and estimates work hour requirements, for completion of job assignment.
- Confer with other supervisors and technicians to coordinate activities.
- Prepare estimates, requisitions, and inspection of equipment.
- Manage small projects and assists with major projects.
- Regularly carry out audits for compliance to AIB / EFSIS / GMP Standards.
- Understand own responsibilities regarding food safety legislation, including HACCP, and carry them out consistently.
- Work with Production and Quality teams to improve and develop operating practices to enhance product quality and customer service.
- Ensure full compliance with Company Quality, Food Safety, Health & Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Organise work activities to ensure the ‘Non-contamination’ of product.
- Ensure the safety of our product is not compromised in any way.
- Coordinate the activities of outside Engineers, Contractors, and Vendors.
- Complete all work undertaken, in a timely manner, and achieves deadlines.
- Have a flexible attitude towards all Engineering duties including providing cover for other Engineering functions.
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in relevant Engineering Discipline. Working experience in food or consumer products industry, supported by a good track record of acquiring Engineering skills, continuous learning. A good understanding of inter-discipline skills and multi-skilling preferred. A solid grounding in food handling safe practices. An awareness of HACCP, PUWER, LOLA and COSHH preferred. Have a working knowledge of AC/DC drives and associated control equipment. Good written and verbal communication skills – ability to deal with both suppliers and internal customers.
- PC literate (Experience of MS Word, Lotus Notes and Excel Spreadsheets).
- Problem solving and fault-finding skills.
- Able to interpret schematic diagrams.
- Able to work on own initiative and highlight Continuous Improvement opportunities.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude towards work and colleagues, able to work in a team.
- Possess the energy and drive to get things done in a timely manner.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities, and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With over 14,000 employees around the world and more than $6 Billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets, and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers.
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 60 locations in 25 countries and 170 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion, and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.
Thank you for your interest at McCormick and time you invested in your application. Please note, all applications are being thoroughly reviewed by our Talent Acquisition team and only selected candidates will be contacted.