Supply Planning Team Leader
Haddenham, UK or Peterborough, UK
Reporting to Materials’ Planning Manager, the aim of the role is day to day operation and the responsibility for short- and long-term material planning and 4 direct reports.
- Provide leadership and oversight to all facets of the Haddenham raw materials, including materials purchasing planning, product life cycle change management, disposals, risk and SLOB management and master data governance.
- Take the 4-week plans from the production scheduler and monitor, escalate and manage risks and opportunities related to raw materials supply.
- Identify and implement improvements to working practices to improve efficiency, performance and reliability in the materials planning processes.
- Carry out weekly review of obsolescence and manage with internal stakeholders to improve performance across the supply chain end to end.
- Responsible for the tactical and strategic factory materials and inventory plans, set targets, manage year on year stock value / inventory turnover improvements to support UK Supply Chain targets.
- Report relevant KPIs
- Oversee development and coaching of departmental team members. Develop individual goals for direct reports and ensure alignment to functional OGSM's. Follow up and monitor progress of individual goals and adjust as necessary to changes in business priorities and objectives,
- Build bench strength in materials management, using SAP MRP
- Represent Materials planning on local, regional and global projects, with regard to Commercialisation, CCI and engineering changes.
- A relevant degree qualification in Supply Chain.
- Previous experience of management in production / materials planning in food company.
- Operations, Supply Chain background with proven track record of target focused delivery in fast paced operational environment.
- Proven leadership and project management skills.
- Working knowledge of cycle count process.
- Experience with SAP desirable.
- Ability to deal with complexity and change.
- Customer focused.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong user of IT.
- Experience of inventory analysis and management.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With over 14,000 employees around the world and more than $6 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers.
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.