Apprentice Operative in Food Production
Food and Drink operations is one of the largest, most dynamic, and fastest growing sectors of industry. Every day, producers, manufacturers, and retailers make and sell millions of innovative food products to consumers in the UK and around the world.
McCormick Apprentice Operative is a trainee role offering candidates with an aspiration for a career in the Food and Drink Supply Chain an early entry point to learn how to operate production lines ensuring performance metrics are met and recorded. Complete product changeovers, ensuring cleans are carried out effectively and efficiently. Carry out handovers with following and previous shift ensuring all issues are handed over effectively. Completion of all necessary paperwork. Follow safety standard operating procedures and ensure all quality checks are completed on the production lines.
Working a 6-2/2-10 rotating shift pattern
with competitive salary £22,000
As an Apprentice Operative you will:
- Learn and follow and apply food and drink production, and product quality assurance Standard Operating Procedures.
- Learn to scan control, monitor and rotate stock.
- Learn to check and use tools and operate equipment and machinery.
- Learn to clean tools, equipment, or lines.
- Learn and comply with food safety, health and safety, environmental and sustainability regulations, and procedures.
- Identify and segregate resources for reuse, recycling, and disposal.
- Identify, report and resolve issues.
- Learn and apply basic continuous improvement techniques.
- Learn and apply fault-finding and problem-solving techniques to common problems.
- Collect and interpret information – text and data.
- Record information - paper based or electronic.
- Actively participate in team-based activities.
To be successful in this role you should:
- Ability to frequently lift and carry objects up to 25kg and to physically bend, reach, and handle product.
- Communicate with colleagues – written, verbal and non-verbal.
- Working as part of a team and working alone.
- Put health, safety, and food safety first.
- Appreciate the importance of environment and sustainability.
- Take ownership of given work.
- Team-focus to meet work goals.
- Adapt to changing work requests.
What do we offer?
- 25days holiday exclusive on bank holidays.
- Positive work environment and culture.
- Company Pension scheme.
- Employee wellbeing scheme- access to health plan and advice portals.
- Subsidised canteen and free tea and coffee.
- Regular onsite physio.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With over 14,000 employees around the world and more than $6 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers.
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.