We are recruiting on behalf of a European leader in FMCG. They are part of a major group and are investing highly in their continuous improvement programme. They are looking for a Continuous Improvement Manager for their site based in West Sussex. The successful candidate will work on a number of exciting projects and initiatives to achieve improvements across the business.
Reporting to the Director, responsibilities for the role will include:
• Developing, training and rolling out standards and best practices utilising lean manufacturing and six sigma / lean tools and principles
• Highlighting and developing business improvement opportunities
• Identifying root causes of selective issues restricting or affecting the business using process improvement and problem-solving tools such as; 5S, kaizen events, process mapping, value stream mapping, SMED, poka-yoke, FMEA, and C&E analysis
• Implementing performance management systems
• Mentoring and developing staff in the mindset of continuous improvement
Essential / Desirable skills include:
• Experience as a Continuous Improvement role; driving continuous improvement / lean initiatives / world class manufacturing within any demanding and fast-moving food manufacturing, engineering or logistics / distribution environment
• Ideally possess Six Sigma certification
• Track record of driving and leading cultural, long-term sustainable change
• Excellent communication and influencing skills with an engaging hands-on people style, coupled with a genuine passion for change and enrichment of the workplace utilising world-class improvement techniques
• FMCG market leader
• Excellent opportunities for career development
The working hours for the role are office hours, Monday to Friday. The salary is £45k - £55k per annum plus an excellent benefits package including bonus.
If you are interested, please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-U4801 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.