Production Shift Leader - PM shift
Up to £34,000
Job ref: 8504
This role is working for a well-established, family-owned business that is recognised as one of the UK’s leading processors within its product field. The company is dedicated to product quality, using state-of-the-art manufacturing techniques to produce a fantastic range of award-winning products. Due to their ongoing success, the company is expanding and therefore this is an excellent time to join the business.
About the Production Supervisor job
The company is going through an exciting period of growth and now requires an experienced Production Supervisor to join the team. This is a hands-on role that is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the production staff, ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the unit.
- Lead and manage the daily aspects of the production facility. Maximise performance by ensuring operational targets are met through structured delivery of KPIs.
- Maintain standards of quality, food safety, hygiene, and housekeeping through GMP to ensure customer and audit requirements are met.
- Actively coach, develop and train team members to the required level of competence to encourage continuous improvement within the business whilst creating a multi-skilled workforce.
- Identify training requirements and develop training plans with the Manufacturing Manager.
- Complete the production planning and scheduling in the absence of the Manufacturing Manager.
- Solid production track record in food or beverage manufacturing is essential.
- Experience in supervising/managing other staff members.
- Can demonstrate knowledge of food safety, food hygiene and quality requirements.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement processes and methodology is a great advantage.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills plus the confidence to lead team meetings.
- A proven track record of role loyalty.
The Production Supervisor job is based in Staffordshire and is paying up to £34,000.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 3:00pm – 11:30pm. During seasonal times weekend working and extended hours is expected to meet the needs of the business as and when necessary.
Statutory 28 days annual leave plus an extra day for birthday after 12 months of service, private health insurance after 12 months of service and free produce for staff.
Alternate job titles
Shift Production Leader | Production Team Leader | Production Line Leader | Assistant Production Manager | Production Shift Supervisor | Food Industry Production Jobs