Job ref: 8515
Well-established and successful food manufacturer supplying a range of products to retail, wholesale and other manufacturers. This business has experienced tremendous success and is proud of its reputation for providing exceptional customer service and superior quality products.
About the General Manager job
The purpose of the General Manager will be to lead and direct all site staff to deliver continuous improvement of customer service, safety, service delivery and resource utilisation to achieve quality and performance targets. Develop and implement policies to ensure a safe working environment and adherence to safety standards whilst expanding external relationships.
- Lead and direct all employees and facilities to ensure achievement of safety, quality, and performance targets for all service activities.
- Take leadership and direct the Senior Management Team, ensuring that functional objectives (KPI's) for each Manager/Leader are achieved as well as ensuring employee development and training.
- Lead and direct ongoing improvements in both operational and occupational safety.
- Ensure the timely investigation of all accidents and incidents and ensure that recommendations are implemented. Ensure safe method of working by all staff and contractors.
- Develop and agree departmental budgets to meet business needs and to ensure the most efficient use of resources. Provide profit & loss analytical reports and communicate these with the Senior Manager/Management Accountant.
- Implement comprehensive systems to ensure revenue is safe guarded. Identify losses of revenue and ensure effective changes. Contribute to the reduction of impact to the environment.
- Provide guidance on continuous improvement of all site operations. Responsible for achieving the overall resource plan that meets both the current and future business needs of the company.
- Work with the SMT to develop schemes for improvements within each department - maintaining optimum use of resource at all times.
The successful candidate will ideally possess a management level health & safety qualification and be educated in business and engineering. Communication and leadership skills are essential with the ability to motivate and coach positively.
- Knowledge of implementing continuous improvement programmes. Recent knowledge from B2B, managing plant operations with technical knowledge covering manufacturing and production, engineering and service functions demonstrating a clear track record of success.
- Knowledge working with Lean (Six Sigma) methodologies.
- An analytical and strategic thinker with good business acumen and the ability to think from the customers' perspective.
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record of commercial awareness.
- Good attention to detail whilst retaining the ability to see the bigger picture. Financial knowledge covering budgeting forecasting.
The General Manager job is based in East Anglia and is paying £80,000 according to your experience.
The package includes 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
The working hours are Monday to Friday.
Alternate job titles
Operations Manager | Factory Manager | Senior Production Manager | Head of Production | Head of Operations | Manufacturing Manager | Food Operations Jobs