Are you an experienced continuous improvement technician looking for a new role?
Do you have previous continuous improvement experience within the Food & FMCG sector?
Reed Food & FMCG have been briefed by a large Food Manufacturing business to recruit for a Continuous Improvement Technician on a permanent basis. The role will suit an experienced improvement minded individual who is keen on being able to make a genuine difference to their food production site.
- Owner of Daily Review Meeting (DRM) Process for value stream; owning SIPOCs, Agenda and KPI Boards, ensuring meetings are followed and effective.
- Lead DT analysis and RCAs, identifying critical causes and creating 100yr fixes. This includes Safety, Quality and Operational issues.
- Owner of the Improvement Idea process, ensuring ideas are implemented and communicated within the area of ownership and facilitated across relevant departments.
- Facilitate the change management process, ensuring changes are smoothly managed with minimal disruption.
- Owner of 5s and SMED implementation.
- Owner of line operating standards, ensuring these are kept up to date and reviewed regularly.
- Creation of cost reduction programme, either through automation or simplification of processes.
- System super user relevant to area (Tropos, WW, etc).
- Creation and verification of work instructions for operators in conjunction with the People Team.
Please do read on to find more details on the person specification:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working within a factory FMCG environment.
- Strong skillset with computers such like excel and power point.
- Understanding/exposure of lean methodology and techniques such as DMAIC and/or PDCA.
- Experience of controlling change within a factory environment.
- Ability to engage shop floor operators in delivering process improvements.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to influence, persuade and negotiate as appropriate to achieve optimum solutions.
- Green Belt Six Sigma qualification.
- Experience working within IT.
- Experience of coaching and developing Continuous Improvement skills in team members.
- Experience of using Continuous Improvement processes within a manufacturing environment.
If this role is of interest to you, please do apply ASAP with you up to date CV to be considered for interview.