Protea Recruitment New role:
Job Title: Technical Manager
Package: £50k - £60k
Protea Recruitment are supporting a leading high care food manufacturing business based in Kent. With a strong focus on quality, food safety, and meeting the highest industry standards, they pride themselves on delivering exceptional products to major retailers. Their commitment to excellence has earned them a thriving customer base and a reputation for providing outstanding services.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, Food Technology, Microbiology, or a related field.
- Extensive experience (minimum 5 years) in a high care food manufacturing environment, preferably in a managerial or leadership role.
- Strong knowledge and experience in managing BRC food safety standards.
- Proven experience in leading and coordinating external audits, maintaining high compliance standards, and implementing corrective actions where necessary.
- Expertise in managing relationships with major retailers, including handling audits, product specifications, and technical queries.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities, with the capacity to identify and address food safety risks and implement appropriate preventative measures.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills, capable of managing multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Familiarity with food legislation, regulations, and industry best practices.
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Develop and implement food safety programs, policies, and procedures to meet BRC standards and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Lead and coordinate external BRC and customer audits and maintain a high level of readiness for inspections, implementing corrective actions as necessary.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with customers, serving as the main point of contact for technical matters, audits, and product specifications.
- Conduct regular internal audits and assessments to monitor adherence to food safety standards, identify areas for improvement, and implement corrective actions.
- Lead and manage a team of food safety and quality assurance professionals, providing guidance, training, and support to ensure consistent adherence to best practices and high-quality standards.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive continuous improvement in manufacturing processes, product quality, and overall operational efficiencies.
- Stay updated on industry trends, regulatory changes, and emerging food safety technologies, recommending, and implementing best practices to drive innovation and competitive advantage.
- Serve as a technical expert, conducting research and development activities, and providing guidance on food safety and quality-related issues.
How to Apply:
Please send a copy of your CV or call John on 07809117856 for more details.
Lead consultant for this vacancy: John Small
**Protea Recruitment has authorization from our client to advertise and recruit on their behalf.
If you have not heard from one of our consultants within five working days from submission, you have not met the criteria of this vacancy set by our client and are unsuccessful in moving to the next stage.
Thanks for applying.