Food Technologist (hybrid)
Up to £40,000
South West London
Job ref: 8502
A specialist food business based in the UK founded in the 1990’s. Sourcing, developing & producing top-quality prepared foods and authentic ambient essentials from Southeast Asia.
About the Food Technologist job
As a Food Technologist, you will be responsible for accurately completing customer specifications plus keeping all technical information up to date on the company systems.
You will work closely with the NPD team to make sure all technical systems are updated during new launches, check product artwork, packaging and labelling and liaise regularly with suppliers to obtain all required information.
- Set up external customer specifications, generating and submitting pack copy to meet customer and legal requirements.
- Co-ordinate technical signing off of new products including product testing from all the way to completion.
- Manage artwork processes including reviewing and ensuring all back of pack information is accurate and in line with the technical labelling policies.
- Support product development process and work closely with teams to understand technical capabilities and practicalities.
- Undertake due diligence and product compliance with customer technical policies, current labelling standards and all regulatory changes that will impact back of pack information.
- Ensure the critical path is met allowing products to be launched correctly and on time.
- Complete organoleptic testing throughout the product shelf-life cycle documenting findings.
- To complete nutritional and technical benchmarking where required.
- Experience of working with major retailers preferably M&S and knowledge of specifications, preferably FIND.
- A degree in food science or nutrition is preferred.
- High attention to detail, methodical and well-organised and uses initiative to drive activities independently.
- Enjoys completing complex projects and seeing tasks through to completion.
- A passion for excellent food and an appreciation of requirements to developing high quality retail products.
- Good IT skills needed to complete tasks efficiently communication skills needed to work in an international environment.
The Food Technologist (hybrid) job is based in South West London and is paying up to £40,000 per annum according to your experience.
The package includes 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours a week – hybrid working from home on Fridays.
Alternate job titles
New Product Development Technologist | NPD Technologist | NPD Technician | Product Development Technician | NPD Assistant | Food Product Development Jobs | Specification Technologist | Specifications Writer | Technical Administrator | Technical Assistant | Technical Officer | Food Industry Specifications Jobs