Food Safety Auditor - High Care
£45,000 - £55,000
Homebased with travel
Job ref: 8548
You will be working for a self-contained business unit that delivers comprehensive auditing services to UK retailers. They are now looking to recruit an experienced Auditor to join and strengthen their existing dedicated technical team.
About the Food Safety Auditor - High Care job
Your role will be to work closely with senior site personnel to arrange technical audits that are carried out against various categories, on behalf of one of the UK’s major retailers.
You will conduct audits within the UK, Ireland and overseas which may include international (long haul) travel.
- Carry out both physical and remote audits against agreed standards specific requirements and codes of practice.
- Produce timely and accurate audit reports in accordance with customer systems and requirements and submit within agreed business KPI’s.
- Keep up to date on all quality policies, procedures, work instructions and documentation issued by customers and the company.
- Keep abreast of technical development issues and legislative changes pertaining to the food sector.
- Support business initiatives including standards reviews, benchmarking activities and customer liaison when required.
- Operate to ensure that the highest customer service levels are met for the key client.
The successful candidate will possess a strong technical/QA background and extensive supplier auditing experience within the food industry. Your product background will ideally cover multiple categories (i.e. bakery, dairy, meat, desserts, fresh produce, etc.) plus preferably knowledge of complex products i.e. ready meals.
- Lead Auditor qualification (or equivalent such as ISO 9000 Lead Assessor or Third-Party Auditing).
- Flexibility to travel and stay away from home each week (within the UK, Europe and worldwide).
- Full UK / EU driving license and valid passport is essential.
The Food Safety Auditor - High Care job is homebased, travel will be required and is paying £45,000 - £55,000 according to your experience.
The working hours are Monday to Friday.
Alternate job titles
Supplier Auditor | Food Supplier Auditing Jobs | Technical Manager | Technical Food Auditor | Technical Audit Consultant | Lead Auditor