The business has grown from strength to strength over the last eleven years to become a market leader within the drinks sector. At the forefront of product innovation, the business now produces a range of unveils exceptional products supplying the finest UK retailers and restaurants and exporting products across the world. The business has grown from strength to strength over the last twelve years to become a market leader within their sector. Owing to the ongoing success of the business, a new and exciting position has arisen based at their head offices in central London.
The business seeks a passionate and self-motivated Artwork Technologist to join the Technical and Quality Team working closely with Innovation, Supply Chain, Suppliers, Contract Packers, and other relevant teams. You will be responsible for driving the artwork repro process, approving colour and print of all packaging, making sure artworks are technically correct and generating product specifications.
- Manage and generate where necessary specifications by coordinating and incorporating the ingredients declaration, nutritional and allergens information, recycling info, etc.
- Transfer specification data into specific customer formats, if applicable
- Project manage assigned artwork projects, collate feedback, communicate with relevant internal and external stakeholders in line with project timelines
- Creating artwork briefs, gathering all relevant input from stakeholders
- Lead pre-production meetings with repro, graphic companies, Technical Project Managers to ensure project requirements fully understood ahead of briefing in
- Work with graphics companies to ensure business artwork requirements are fully understood and business needs met
- Liaise with technical and relevant departments to ensure artwork is co-ordinated in line with the critical path
- Owner of colour and print approval process
- Attend print runs where necessary as well as visits to other sites, suppliers, and customers to ensure their packaging processes meet customers’ requirements, and any trials that maybe need to be completed
- Review and approve artwork ensuring it is technically correct, uses suitable print methods, and matches specification, which adheres to current quality, safety, and labelling legislations in markets
- Liaise with copackers on new artworks incl. timelines, sending specs, barcodes etc.
- Set up systems to manage and monitor both new and current artwork print runs to ensure consistency
- Experience and understanding of artwork repro and colour/print process
- Technical knowledge of printed packaging development
- Track record of delivery of printed packaging from receipt of brief to technical approval
- Ability to self-manage resources and projects
- Flexible approach in a fast-based environment
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and abilities in stakeholder management over cross functional teams
- Ability to present information in a structured and concise manner
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a packaging or technical artwork role working closely with suppliers
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.