Shift: Various shift patterns available – all shift patterns 12 hours
Shift Pattern 1 (a) 4 on / 4 off Rotating Night shift
(b) 4 on / 4 off Rotating Day shift
Shift Pattern 2 2 days on / 2 nights on – 4 days off
Rate of Pay: £40,000 - £45,000 (according to experience)
About The Role
David Wood Foods is a food manufacturing organisation with a site based in Bolton. We have over 20 years experience in the food business, and currently produce a range of quality products for the retail and food service industry from seven high-tech factories.
Yet we’re not a company to sit back and relax. Product development is our heartbeat, and we work closely with our customers to develop products that combine specific requirements and imaginative flair. Working with key partners we have already developed a number of new exciting and award-winning products that continue to attract and delight consumers.
We are looking for experienced Multi Skilled Engineers to join our fast-growing team and business based in Bolton, Greater Manchester.
Along with reactive and planned maintenance to the plant, the shift engineer would be responsible for the development and implementation of line improvements/installations, maintaining equipment / conveyors / frame works. You would also be required to work closely with the team leaders, and management to ensure targets are met on safety, output, quality, efficiency, energy and waste, communicating any production and engineering issues back to the Engineering Manager.
This job opening will provide career development and the opportunity to work within a talented and friendly team!
- To provide a hands-on role resolving immediate problems ensuring continuity of production and limitation of waste or damaged product.
- Proactively identify and solve problems on the plant to increase reliability and efficiency.
- Keep up-to-date with Best Practice and CI Initiatives.
- To document all breakdowns and repairs.
- To utilise the planned preventive maintenance system to ensure all the production equipment is maintained regularly.
- To aid in project work when requested by the senior engineers.
- To ensure technical investigations into all breakdowns establishing the route cause analysis and the remedial action required.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements including all Health and Safety issues.
- To always work safely using the correct PPE as required in the risk assessments for each particular task.
- To communicate to the production shift manager indicating realistic timescales on major breakdowns to keep production informed of the progress of the breakdown.
- Are you a trained Mechanical Engineer.
- Experience of working with high volume bakery manufacturing equipment (mixers, moulders, ovens, slicers, chillers, conveyors) would be ideal.
- Are you qualified to HNC/BTEC or an equivalent in the electrical discipline?
- Do you have experience within the Food Manufacturing sector or other FMCG engineering environment?
- Be Computer Literate
- Excellent communication skills