Trainee Technical Assistant
Job ref: 8572
The business produces and supplies frozen products to a wide customer base including major retail and large catering clients. Always striving for high quality and excellent service, the company always puts their customers first to ensure their continued success.
About the Trainee Technical Assistant job
The purpose of your role will be to quality check manufactured products, carry out internal audits, end of product testing and report and address any faults whilst ensuring all health and safety standards and legal obligations are met whilst managing the sites BRCGS certification and compliance.
- Conducting various internal and external audits including, GMP, metal detection and reporting and documenting non-conformances whilst ensuring adherence to all procedures set out in the company’s quality manual.
- Undertaking routine product testing and environmental swabbing and take lead on training amongst staff relating to quality and safety of the product. Liaise where necessary with pest control contracts.
- Assisting in the review and response to health and safety issues, reporting near misses and hazards observations whilst taking charge of certification and calibration of equipment across the site.
- Investigate raised concerns and complaints, find root cause, and ensure all non-conformances are logged accordingly.
- Undertaking monitoring and trending of the companies KPI’s and reporting these to the management team and manage daily records effectively and accurately.
The successful candidate will have a technical or scientific background. Experience working within the Food / Beverage / Pharmaceutical industry would be advantageous. Both inhouse and formal training will be available. Graduates with relevant studies would be considered for this role.
- Ability and skills to work in a fast-paced environment and have excellent time management skills.
- Works well in a small team and work well independently.
- Excellent attention to detail, good communication both written and verbally.
- A driving license is desirable but not essential.
The Trainee Technical Assistant job is based in West Sussex and is paying c.£25,000 according to your experience.
The working hours are Monday to Friday 8:00am-4:00pm or 9:00am-5:00pm.
Alternate job titles
Technical Administrator| Technical Admin Assistant | Technical Coordinator | Food Technologist | Technical Information Officer | Food Technical Jobs