Our client, a leading supplier of fresh and chilled food products, is looking to appoint a Technical Assistant for their Food Production site in Warwickshire. The successful candidate will support the Technical Manager in ensuring Quality Management System compliance, attainment of customer and regulatory standards and maintenance of 3rd party accreditations.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, responsibilities for the role will include:
• Routine factory based Technical and Quality checks
• Conducting internal audits of documents and manufacturing protocols
• Managing customer technical enquiries
• Laboratory sample collation, submission and result review including follow up
• Finished goods, raw material and internal specifications
• Technical and Operational process control monitoring
• Managing supplier Quality Assurance
• Investigating and concluding customer and supplier complaints including associated corrective / preventative actions
• Generating monthly Technical board reports
• Training of team members against site QMS including HACCP
Experience / key skills:
• Science degree or equivalent (food related preferred but not essential)
• Some specification writing experience
• Previous experience in a similar role within a Food Manufacturing environment
• Good knowledge of MS Office applications
• Strong attention to detail with an ability to prioritise, multitask and meet deadlines
• Good people skills, with ability to work collaboratively in a team and part of a wider team
• Well established Family Business with more than 70 years’ experience
• Sourcing and supplying food products and ingredients for Pubs, Restaurants and Foodservice Sectors across the UK
• Broad range of Fresh and Chilled products
The working hours for this role are Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week 7.00am – 3.30pm, with flexibility to meet the needs of the business. The salary is £24k-£30k, dependent on experience.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4804 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.