National Compliance Manager - Food Safety & Quality Systems
Job Reference: 4885
Employment Type: Permanent / Full Time
Closing Date: 11/12/2023
Location: Bolton (The Heart of Warburtons)
Contract: Permanent – Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week (hybrid)
Closing Date: Monday 11th December 2023 we may close vacancies early due to the volume of applications so don’t delay your application!
Are you currently working in Food Safety and Quality Systems either as a Technical Manager or Compliance Manager and looking for your next opportunity? We have a newly created role supporting our Compliance teams across the Bakery and Distribution network implementing and supporting our Unbeatable Quality Strategy!
- We’d like you to have experience of working within food safety and compliance in a similar role.
- An important part of the role is managing and leading on Quality management systems and BRCGS Audits, therefore this experience is essential.
- To be competent as a manager we’d want you to lead by example, so qualifications are important in this position: Level 4 HACCP & Food Safety qualifications or similar industry qualifications
- The microbiological safety of our products is essential and you’ll need a good understanding of food microbiology.
- Level 2 Certificate in Pest Management or similar qualification, working with allergens and bacteria found in the bread making process
- HS&E, food Safety, hygiene systems and legislation knowledge for legal compliance and Unbeatable Quality
To find out more about what our colleagues say about life at Warburtons, find us on Linkedin, Glassdoor, Facebook, Instagram and TikTok
Working alongside our Head of Food Safety and Quality, you’ll be part of our creative and innovative management team, leading the way in manufacturing excellence, Food Safety and Compliance at the very heart of our business. From Day 1 you’ll be in a great place, and we want to harness your passion and expertise to continue our change and transformation journey.
As our National Compliance Manager, you’ll be working alongside the newly created role of Compliance Co-ordinator who will support you in delivering on Food Safety and Compliance Standards driving our Unbeatable Quality initiatives across our Bakery and Distribution network. We encourage our colleagues to develop and grow to reach their full potential, and you’ll be a mentor to the site teams by sharing your knowledge, we’ll love you to build solid relationships, collaborate and influence.
You’ll be our expert, working cross-functionally and collaboratively, you’ll coach and develop our ways of working and strive for food safety through compliance and manufacturing excellence, from bakery to boardroom you will add value. We have a passion for continuous improvement, and you’ll play an important part with your ideas that we will empower you to deliver.
And last, and by no means least, you will want to know what your bread is worth:
- Competitive Base Salary relative to your experience
- A slice of the annual profits
- Family time is important to us so as well as your holiday entitlement, we'll give you the opportunity to purchase up to an extra 5 days annual leave
- Award winning pension scheme
- Private medical insurance and life assurance
- Products you will love along with deals and discounts for you and the family through our Extra Dough website
- Continued investment in your personal development
- Fully stocked kitchens filled with our delicious products for you to enjoy with your daily brew!
- Support for your health and wellbeing, including access to free physiotherapy, 24/7 access to a confidential helpline for practical advice and a comprehensive occupational health service
- Onsite Canteen
- Free Parking
- Onsite Gym
We respect and value difference. We look to create an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Companies that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, or any other aspect which makes them unique, are proven to be better companies. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work, is the right thing to do.