Junior NPD Developer
£24,000 - £26,000
Job ref: 8573
Well-established and successful food manufacturer supplying a range of products to retail, wholesale and other manufacturers. This business has experienced tremendous success and is proud of its reputation for providing exceptional customer service and superior quality products.
About the Junior NPD Developer job
This is a fantastic opportunity for a graduate level candidate who is looking to start their career in food product development.
This is a varied and exciting role where you will gain exposure and learn about all elements of food NPD including executing product briefs, process development, marketing, and consumer trends.
The purpose of your role will be to oversee products from concept to launch in line with an agreed brief and critical path and to develop products which have clear reasons to believe, are delicious and take on board any relevant trends to ensure that they exceed expectations.
- Project management of NPD/EPD/NPV briefs from concept to launch with a right-first-time approach. Lead tasting panels either internally or externally.
- Lead factory trials for new products to ensure that products are only progressed where truly feasible.
- Understand the factory kit, process, and limitations to ensure that they are considered within all new products and packaging.
- Brief suppliers and closely work with them to meet briefs in the best possible way.
- Be aware of and continuously develop an understanding of trends, consumer behaviour, insight, and new opportunities.
- Develop a basic understanding of packaging to include cutters, printing processes, substrates and design files.
This role would suit a food graduate looking for their first role in food NPD. The successful candidate would be considered with or without food manufacturing experience - NPD catering college experience considered. The successful person may already have food industry experience and are looking to join a business to progress and build on your existing knowledge and skills.
- Experience or university placement in a food NPD department is highly desirable.
- Ability to deal with a complexity of products, projects, and customers.
- Computer literate in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Basic culinary knowledge of flavours, flavour pairings and how to make delicious products.
- Understanding of health/nutritional/dietary benefits of products.
- Flexibility to travel and attend launches outside of normal office hours.
The Junior Development Technologist job is based in Essex and is paying £24,000 - £26,000 according to your experience.
Alternate job titles
NPD Technologist | NPD Technician | Food Product Technologist | Food Product Developer | NPD Assistant | Innovation Technologist | Food Science Graduate Jobs | Food NPD Jobs