DAVID WOOD FOODS LTD
The Mill House, Dorset Road, Sheerness, KENT, ME121 LP
Discounted or free food
Salary range : £40k - £55k
Working Hours 8am-5pm
Reports to the Site Manager and the Group Technical Manager - has full responsibility for the site Technical Team and all associated Technical functions.
Through the continual management, development and auditing of the Total Quality Management System ensure that the appropriate process control systems and procedures exist to deliver consistent and effective control of all products.
To work closely with the Bakery Management team to ensure all Food Safety, Quality and Legal requirements are controlled and met.
To deliver a Continuous Quality & Food Safety Improvement program through the development and implementation of improvement techniques on site
Can Deputise for Group Technical Manager or Site Manager within the Technical remit.
- Install, develop, administer and audit the Food Safety & Quality Management System (FSQMS) across the site.
- The FSQMS is reviewed regularly and updated accordingly.
- Yearly FSQMS review and 3 / 12 monthly FSQMS takes place and full minutes available
- Manage the site Technical Team to achieve their optimum output.
- Work closely with each individual to ensure they have clear objectives and are monitored to ensure success.
- Drive personal and dept improvement into each individual.
- Every member of the Technical Team have yearly performance reviews and 6monthly 1-1s. The team work closely together and understand what part they all play in the over overall team and business.
- Working closely with and advising manufacturing departments on technical/quality aspects including food safety and quality legislation, weight management procedures, product protection and pest control, organoleptic requirements, hygienic design and sanitation systems.
- Act as HACCP Team Leader including ensuing HACCP meetings take place and are used to complete HACCP studies.
- Administer and control installation of all HACCP procedures and training. Audit and review.
- All HACCP, FSQMS Requirements, Risk Assessments, Verification and Validation systems are in place for all products and processes.
- Ensure all employees onsite understand the importance of following the Food Safety and Quality Systems.
- Auditing and Monitoring all Supplier SAQ’s and Supplier performance, including rating and closing out all issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure all Customer Specifications are up to date and completed as required. All Portal systems are understood fully and controlled within the dept.
- Control performance ratings of Sub‑contractors, including periodic minuted reviews to prove performance.
- Management of raw material intake quality assessment functions.
- Work with Supply chain and Stores/Goods in team to ensure all Raw Materials are supplied to site in specification
- Control and Drive the BRCGS/ FSQMS Audit for the site.
- Investigation, identification and advice on prevention of consumer / customer complaints are driven through site by Technical Manager.
- Monthly Complaints meeting organised and takes place including trending all customer complaints.
- Host audit and use available resource to obtain any requested information. Ensure audit is professionally organised and in control.
- Ensure that the necessary Training on site at all levels is implemented and recorded from Raw Materials, FSQMS, HACCP, Production Processes and NPD to QAS and Product Assessment.
- Administration of stock clearance, hold and concession process.
- All relevant staff are aware off and following correct procedures
- Ensure competency is checked and recorded and any necessary re training is carried out.
- Overall management of hygiene system and reviewing along with hygiene manager
- Full Product Process review program in place to monitor and highlight any issue on process, ingredients, and final product.
- All NPD, trials, launches and recipe modifications are attended and monitored by the technical team and full reports written and any changes followed through to final specifications/testing.
HACCP Level 4
ISO 9001 / FSSC22000 type qualification
Advanced Food Hygiene or equivalent
HND/Degree in Food Sciences or related subject
Extensive knowledge of food manufacturing.
Fully conversant with all aspects of food safety and UK Food Law.
Fully HACCP trained, Intermediate Food Hygiene Certification
Full and detailed understanding of the factory process and process capabilities, enabling speedy identification of potential process failure/ process short comings
Ability to implement and drive Improvement Programmes covering all areas of the business
Fully conversant with the latest version of relevant Standards including BRCGS and able to steer factory towards achieving and maintaining results.
Job Type: Permanent
Discounted or free food
10 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Food production: 3 years (required)
Technical Management: 3 years (required)
Language: English (required)
Work authorisation: Holding a valid permit to work in the UK