A fantastic opportunity for a confident and dynamic graduate to join the technical team of this independent and highly successful business who work with global food suppliers to produce products for the UK retailers.
In this varied role you will be part of the technical team assisting the Senior Food Technologist by ensuring products are safe, legal and compliant. As well as working with suppliers, you will also be working closely with retail customers to understand their product and packaging requirements as well as their quality standards.
Your main responsibilities will include:
· Maintaining the Product Safety and Quality Management System
· Managing customer complaints, non-conformances and supplier approvals
· Maintaining close contact with suppliers to provide customers with up-to-date product information
· Helping to ensure product and packaging specifications are legally compliant with respect to food safety and quality standards
· Translating product specification information onto retailer online systems
· Compiling, checking and approving product labelling to ensure that all artwork is signed off in line with customer requirements
· Work with customers and supplier to manage NPD projects at each stage of the process.
A great role for a graduate with a food related degree who ideally has some technical / quality assurance experience within the food industry. You could also be a graduate with a couple years in industry looking to expand their exposure to international suppliers and retail customers.
This can be within manufacturing, retail, food service or import/export businesses. You’ll have a passion for the food industry with a strong work ethic and a real desire to succeed. Your previous work experience will have given you excellent organisation and communication skills so that you can handle projects with ease, build solid working relationships and excel in your role.
The business take pride in supporting their teams with additional courses and training so if you’re ambitious and keen to continue learning and developing then we’d love to hear from you.
Due to the large number of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to thoroughly review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application within 5 working days, however if you have not heard from us within this timeframe, we are sorry to say your application for the role has not been successful. To support you in showcasing your best self, we make sure that any necessary accommodations, whether physical or non-physical, are provided to assist you throughout the job application and interview process.
Also, please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas