12 months contract
This is a great opportunity to join our team and continue the great work to bring to life our condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
Our Sensory Technician will be responsible for supporting the setup and management of the operational testing of the R&D Sensory & Consumer Science function in Peterborough.
- Support all sensory testing including test set up requirements and sample preparation according to the test, test design and project objective.
- Support the Shelf-Life program.
- Support the analysis & interpretation of data, updating data trackers & providing data summaries as required.
- Support the Sensory screening programme and manage the setup and execution of internal and external employee/panel screening.
- Support Sensory & Consumer Insights activities as required.
- Work closely with the Sensory Scientist/Project Manager to manage expectations and requirements and be the key support for any ad hoc sensory related activities.
- Manage the hygiene requirements and maintenance of laboratory environment as well as sample storage and laboratory supplies.
- Background in Sensory Science, Food Science, or related discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree with a Sensory/Consumer Science focus or within a related field.
- Knowledge of basic statistical analysis methods.
- Ability to prioritize, meet tight timelines and flexible approach to manage changing priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Fully operational in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent people skills combined with the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team.
- Experience in using Compusense @Hand will be an advantage.
- Previous experience in laboratory environment will be an advantage.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities, and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With over 14,000 employees around the world and more than $6 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers.
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion, and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.
Thank you for your interest at McCormick and time you invested in your application. Please note, all applications are being thoroughly reviewed by our Talent Acquisition team and only selected candidates will be contacted.