Weekend work, Fri – Sun
This is a great opportunity to join our team and continue the great work to bring to life our condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
Delivery of every day great execution within the factory environment, driving key standards and KPI’s through the implementation of the McCormick Journey to Excellence programme with 100% engagement of all employees are the main purposes of this role.
- Promotion and delivery of world class manufacturing practices (GMP) and ‘5s’ workplace organization.
- Coaching and mentoring to ensure consistency across all individual teams.
- Managing relevant key performance indicators utilizing the Journey to Excellence programme techniques and toolkit. Focus on cost, organizational losses and loss reduction, to maintain and surpass production targets.
- Adhering to Health & Safety practices, ensuring teams operate within our ‘safe systems of work’.
- Driving root cause corrective actions for all identified risks and ensuring close out.
- Meeting and surpassing all external and internal audit standards, working with the quality department to ensure all required quality and food safety standards are met and all appropriate Quality documentation is completed in full.
- Maintaining Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and processing control sheets in compliance with Quality Management Systems, ensuring comprehensive training is provided to all individuals within the Operations Team.
- Ensuring professional people management in line with our HPO (High Performance Organisation) standards and Performance Management processes, to contribute to high levels of employee engagement.
- Experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment, with evidence of steady progression through increasingly responsible roles.
- Experience in managing large teams of people
- GCSE qualification in relevant discipline.
- Team player who can challenge and inspire their team to drive towards manufacturing excellence.
- Ability to analyze and present accurate statistical data to a broad range of individuals.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- A vibrant individual, who is capable of quick decision-making, with the confidence and drive to make a positive difference to their work environment.
- Good computer literacy skills, ability to utilize Word, Excel and PowerPoint to a high standard.
- FMCG/wet processing experience.
- Food industry best practice health & hygiene experience.
- Ability to use SQPDC (Safety Quality Production Delivery and Cost) approach or McCormick JTE (Journey to Excellence) methodology.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With over 14,000 employees around the world and more than $6 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers.
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.
Thank you for your interest at McCormick and time you invested in your application. Please note, all applications are being thoroughly reviewed by our Talent Acquisition team and only selected candidates will be contacted.