Reports to: Technical Controller
Location: Leek, Staffordshire
Hours: 36.25 hours Monday- Friday 8:45am- 5:00pm (Office Hours) Flexibility required to meet with demands of the role
Salary: £50,000 to £60,000 depending on experience
Benefits: Free onsite parking, Generous annual leave entitlement, Matched Company Contribution Pension, Subsidised Staff Canteen, Company shop offering discounts on Ornua products, Sports & Social Club, Staff Lottery, Discount on Bikes & Tech Scheme, Confidential Employee Assist Programme
Ornua (meaning “new gold”) is Ireland’s largest exporter of Irish dairy products, proudly bringing the unique taste of Irish dairy to the world for over 55 years.
Are you an experienced Technical Manager looking for the challenge of taking a mission driven organisation to its next level of success and create the opportunity to progress your career in the technical arena?
Ornua Foods (UK) is seeking a Technical leader to join the business and be a major contributor in the Technical team’s bold and ambitious plans to deliver Industry ‘Best in Class’ Technical Operational standards.
Ornua Foods (UK) ambition is to build a Technical reputation for innovation, operational standards & compliance which will strengthen our dynamic partnerships with our customer. The Technical Manager will be an integral player in the decision making and delivery of the ambition.
• Ornua operates from 10 business units worldwide, including 16 production facilities, and has sales and marketing teams working in-market across all four corners of the globe.
• The Group is structured across two divisions: Ornua Foods and Ornua Ingredients.
• Ornua Foods is responsible for the marketing and sales of Ornua’s consumer brands including Kerrygold, Pilgrims Choice.
• Our co-operative ethos lies at the heart of how we do business as a purpose and values-led organisation, creating value for Irish dairy farming families.
• Our Values lie at the core of everything we do. Our five values encourage us to Seek and Embrace New Ideas, Make It Happen, Be Our True Selves, Show You Care, and Achieve Great Things Together.
• We invest in our people and foster a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
• Career Progression including Global Mobility opportunities.
• Comprehensive Benefits with regional specific offerings.
Why This Role Is Valuable:
The Technical Manager will have responsibility for;
• Effective management of the activities and professional development of the Quality Assurance and Supplier Assurance teams to ensure best practice is achieved consistently in a timely manner.
• Managing and owning the site Quality Management System (FSQMS) ensuring compliance with Legislation, Customer Codes Of Practice, BRC Versions & Group Technical Codes of Practice & Guidelines.
• Ensuring, through the QA team, that site technical & quality standards are maintained at all times.
• Working closely with Operations & Engineering, management of non-conformances and trending data on site leading to timely & effective resolution (i.e., Micro & chemical, pest control & factory standards).
• The maintenance & review of the all the FSQMS (including HACCP) documentation to ensure relevant critical systems (including CCP’s) are included in factory standard operating procedures & product specifications.
• Deputising for the Technical Controller in all internal & external matters.
• Managing and maintain the external laboratory, managing the relationships ensuring satisfactory service is provided within budgetary costs.
• Site lead with responsibility for onsite internal performance.
• This list is not exhaustive.
What You Bring To The Role:
• Extensive experience in chilled food manufacture in the UK retail environment & management of quality systems.
• Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft applications.
• HACCP Trained to level 3 or above.
• Good standard of written and oral communication.
• Ambition and drive to elevate the technical function to the next level
• The ability to mentor and develop your team through strong people leadership experience
• An ownership of projects and strong sense of independence and autonomy
Ornua has ambitious growth plans and we’re building a team to help enable and accelerate that growth. We are looking for people who share our values, are curious, forward-looking, take ownership and work together to build a future for themselves and Ornua.
Would you like to make an impact?
Want to learn more or know somebody who would be perfect for this role? Please visit Ornua at www.ornua.com for more information on how they can apply directly.