Permanent employee, Full-time · Haverhill
For uncompromising cat parents who want the best, KatKin goes hardcore for cat health. We make the UK’s only fresh cat food: 100% human-quality meat, gently cooked, and frozen for freshness.
Where the competition cuts corners, catfishes’ customers and puts profits over health, we put cat wellbeing first. No shortcuts. No secret recipes. We’re cutting the fluff, thinking fresh and channelling hardcore love into industry-wide change. So cats live long and cat parents can love hard without compromise.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
We’re all-in for cats, and it shows: our energy will blow you away from day one. You’ll be surrounded by knowledgeable scientists, big creative thinkers, astute business brains, and a whole team of hardcore cat parents. All on a mission to make hardcore love the new standard in cat care – with a fresh take on every product in the cat industry.
Located in Haverhill, the KatKin Kitchen is where our fresh, 100% human-quality meat food is gently cooked and frozen. We are looking for an exceptional full-time Multi skilled engineer to deliver a first-class service across the Manufacturing Kitchen to ensure it continues to cook food cats love.
This role will report directly to the engineering supervisor and will be responsible for the effective and efficient upkeep of all production and site services equipment.
Our manufacturing kitchen will rely heavily on fault finding and problem solving on a broad range of equipment and situations.
KEY OWNERSHIP AREAS
- Maintain all site electrical and mechanical equipment in relation to machinery, buildings, support services and utilities to the required legislative standards, safety, and business requirements.
- Reactive maintenance to plant breakdowns and ancillary equipment to limit production downtime to a minimum including diagnostics or involvement in Root Cause Analysis.
- Proactive machine maintenance in accordance with the PPM schedule
- Identify areas of improvement and liaise with the site team to implement them.
- Occasional installation requirements, though the role will be predominantly oriented towards maintaining machinery uptime.
- Ensure planned maintenance tasks are carried out in line with the plan, safely, cost-effectively and to agreed standards and timescales, without compromising food safety or health & safety requirements.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an Engineering or Technician Role Strong in a production, manufacturing or FMCG environment.
- Solid electromechanical fault-finding ability.
- Excited for a challenge and keen to build something from the ground up.
- Someone who loves the pace and excitement of DTC food manufacturing.
- Easily approachable with good interpersonal skills.
- Respectful to all members of staff, regardless of their role.
- Shifts will be double day shift 6am - 2pm or 2pm -10pm with some flexibility required.
NICE TO HAVES
- Loves cats (obviously)
- Previous team leadership experience.
- Qualified in electrical/mechanical engineering.
- A solid electrical capability, preferably qualified to 18th Edition Electrical Regulations.
- Knowledge of Food Safety, Food Hygiene, HACCP standards.
- Knowledge of Multivac lines preferred but not essential as training will be provided.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary - £45,000 - £50,000 (Working Double Days)
- Career defining opportunity in being instrumental to scaling our brand, fast.
- 33 Days holiday inclusive of bank holidays plus your birthday off.
- Discount for KatKin fresh meals.
- AXA Health Insurance including optical and dental.
- Yearly personal development budget.
- Company pension.
- Access to discount portal with a wide range of discounts.
Send your CV and very brief sentences on the below questions by clicking the 'APPLY' button
- Tell us about a time you hustled in order to get something done
- What are your blind spots as told by the person who knows you best?
- Tell us anything about the pet food space you find interesting
- Tell us your favourite thing about your cat(s). (Bonus if plural!)
We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At KatKin we celebrate differences, and everything that makes our colleagues unique, by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive.