Engineering Technician - London (Oakthorpe Dairy UK)
Location: London, GB
Arla Foods - Maintenance & Engineering Technician (Multiskilled Maintenance engineer)
Arla Foods, Oakthorpe Dairy, N13 6BU
Shift pattern: (Days & Nights / 6-6 12 hour shifts)
- Competitive salary (Base Salary + Shift Allowance)
- 24 days
- Annual Pay review
- Employer pension matched up to 6% (12% total contributory)
- X4 annual salary life assurance cover
- Flexible Benefits- buy up to 5 days annual leave, reward gateway scheme- discounts with various retailers via my benefit platform.
- Strong career development & training (internal and external training)
So what do our engineers actually do?
you will provide breakdown support to one of our key dairies as well as participating in planned preventative maintenance. Alongside your day to day, you’ll get involved in continuous improvement and project work. You’ll contribute to Arla’s continued growth ensuring structured updating and maintenance on designated equipment
- Conducts and improves predictive maintenance of complex line equipment.
- Conducts corrective maintenance in case of site equipment failure and breakdown.
- Provides specialist knowledge and expertise within defined area, e.g. production IT or automation
- Orders relevant spare parts and materials as required.
- Observing and evaluating equipment and plant conditions.
- Delivering continuous improvement and equipment/process modifications and technical input to CAPEX projects.
- Utilizes CMMS systems and reporting suites
- Carries out equipment and plant condition appraisals.
- Completes structured troubleshooting and root cause analysis with relevant site teams.
- Defines key process parameters and ranges delivering continuous improvement and/or yielding optimal OEE.
- Developing SOP’s and work instructions
- Coaching and/or mentoring colleagues, embracing shared knowledge to develop skills and strengthen team.
This will be working on equipment including; Milk pasteurisation, homogenisers, separators process systems, filers, cartoners, bottle labellers, cappers, packers, blow moulding machines, weighers, flow wrappers, shrink wrappers, trolley packers. Palletisers, de-palletisers, conveyor lines (chain, spiral), robots (Kuka), vision systems, Spectrum TX rejection systems / OEMS such as Siemens, Krones, Tetra Pak, SPX flow, ISOMA,Hueft, Nepas, Alpla & Grunwald.
What you’ll need in order to be successful in the role
- Ambition & drive
- Strong experience as a multiskilled engineer (shift engineer/ maintenance engineer/ engineering technician and the likes)
- Experience in mechanical and electrical engineering within Manufacturing, Production and Process environments
- HNC or apprentice trained or proven experience with fast paced manufacturing environment
- Ideally you will have experience with fast- moving machinery, pumps, valves, inverter drives, sensors, relays, PLC’s (Siemens), Site Services (steam generation plant, chilled water systems, compressors, processes), CIP systems (chemical cleaning plant)
- Computer literate – SAP, Microsoft Office, SCADA, Trend systems, HMI’S
- Time served as Multi- Skilled Engineer within a manufacturing environment.
Things we’d love to tell you about our Oakthorpe site
- Arla Oakthorpe has received £30 million investment with more on the horizon
- This investment has been on a state of the art Krones filling line and office revamp
- On average our Oakthorpe dairy produces 800,000 litres of milk per day, which is over 190 million litres yearly
- When Oakthorpe was built it had the largest crane in Europe to lift the sterilised plant in, that’s why the roof is V shaped
Please note we are not partnered with any recruitment agencies for this role. We kindly ask that recruitment agencies do not submit CVs on behalf of candidates for this role, as these CVs will not be considered under the agency ownership and if Arla does progress with any such candidate, this will not amount to acceptance of the agency's terms. We encourage interested individuals to apply directly through our official channels.
Please apply using the link or reach out to Patrick Kilbride on firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for this role is 11th of December.
We have a purpose for Good
At Arla, we strive to unlock the highest potential in each other while working together to create a sustainable future of dairy. We call it Stronger People Stronger Planet and it is deeply anchored in our organisation and founded on our commitment to respecting human rights, increasing access to healthy dairy nutrition, inspiring good food habits, and improving the environment for future generations. In order to succeed we need to hire people with a sustainable mindset. Could this be you?
BEWARE! RECRUITMENT FRAUD
It has come to our attention that there are a number of fraudulent emails and fake recruitment campaigns on the internet from people purporting to work for Arla Foods. Learn more via this link.