Our client is an award-winning manufacturer of Food products going through a period of sustained growth. This role will involve managing a team of 3 and will focus heavily on Food Safety Management leading the QA function, Technical Compliance and Quality Systems within a Continuous Improvement Culture.
Technical Manager Key Responsibilities:
- To motivate and develop the QA team, leading by example and providing ongoing coaching and mentoring.
- To support the technical standards across the site concerning quality, legality, and food safety and ensure these are aligned with the needs of interested parties including external customers and regulatory bodies.
- Developing and instilling a culture of continuous improvement, proactively looking for more effective ways of working.
- Maintain and develop the site Quality Management System.
- To maintain Food Safety Management through HACCP
- To manage and update the site TACCP/VACCP
- To risk assess and authorise concessions / minor change / investigation documentation
- To develop/maintain/update the technical library for site product and processes.
- To oversee and communicate horizon scanning for the business.
- To manage the technical aspects and compliance of the site Effluent Treatment System.
- To deputise for the Head of Technical.
- Working within all company policies and procedures, including Health and Safety, Food Safety, Authenticity, Legality and Quality Standards.
- To carry out any other work or task determined to be within your level of competence, to meet the needs of the business.
Technical Manager Skills / Experience Required:
- Qualified to degree level, ideally in a relevant subject.
Level 3 Award or equivalent in Food Safety and HACCP for Food Manufacturing.
- A Food Science / Lab accreditation
- Dairy Experience would be a benefit
If the role is of interest, then please send your CV today