Our client is one of Britain’s biggest listed food companies, employing thousands of employees over several manufacturing sites and offices up and down the country. Many of their brands have been part of British life for more than a century and you’ll find their products in the vast majority of British household’s cupboards.
Working as part of a fantastic team, this role is varied and is required to write and maintain specifications for finished products. Collation, validation, and accurate input of data is required into retail customers and the company’s specification databases. Responsibility for generating pack copy data and reviewing artwork to ensure that the pack information is accurate and ensuring provision of data is conducted in a timely manner. Ongoing maintenance of data as required to ensure all information is correct and up to date.
- Current experience within Food Industry and/or several years specification writing experience
- Ideally a Food Science/Technology Degree/Qualification
- IT Competency
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple fast paced tasks/projects whilst delivering results against tight deadlines.
- Ability to transfer data accurately with high attention to detail.
- Ability to work without supervision and on own initiative, self-motivated/driven.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to align with the company Leadership Values.
Key People Responsibility
- Ensure all necessary information is presented in a format to enable the generation of a finished product specifications and product labels which meets with all relevant legislation.
- Create specifications for retailers, foodservice, B2B and branded products and ensure all data is correct and accurate.
- Process, check and approve specifications.
- Ensure all necessary and accurate legislative information is incorporated into the specifications, ensure compliance to customer policies for own label products and internal polices for branded products.
- Ensure all necessary information is presented in a pack copy format to enable the generation of a product label which meets with all relevant legislation.
- Checking of artwork to ensure that it is compliant, correct, and reflective of the specification.
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.