Renowned for its expertise in a highly desirable product area, this well-established and fast-growing premium manufacturer of delicious sweet products for leading UK retailer and food service markets, operates from a state-of-the-art BRC grade A site.
You will be involved in culinary blue-sky creation of new and improved recipes. This will also involve refinement of ingredients and processes in the manufacture of existing products and providing culinary advice to the factory.
- Formal food and/or culinary qualification.
- Experience of working as a development chef within a food manufacturing environment or equivalent experience working as chef.
- Good knowledge of food/restaurant trends.
- A passionate foodie with a talent for creativity and food innovation.
- Experienced working with patisserie or dessert products.
- Project management skills to deliver within resource constraints.
- Create new and improved recipes as requested by marketing and customers, taking into account such parameters as cost, nutritional requirements, ease of production, required process modifications.
- This includes innovation and range extension.
- Identify and manage ingredient/product initiatives, liaising with Suppliers, Purchasing and Production to deliver.
- Manage production trials and provide advisory support to production on launch to maintain customer integrity.
- Attend and contribute to customer presentations to enhance business relationships alongside buying, sales and technical personnel.
- Supervise the work and support the development of NPD Assistants.
To apply or for more information, please e-mail in strict confidence, with an updated CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable or call 020 8203 1000.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.