An exciting opportunity to be part of a £54m project which involves producing new and innovative products to help us grow our snacks market share. You will be involved from the commissioning stage and will be trained on the latest technology alongside growing and enhancing your current skill set.
Salary: £30,418.86 (inclusive of shift allowance)
Benefits: Competitive pension scheme, 23 days holiday (with the option to buy/sell holiday), PPE provided by the business, staff discount shop, cycle to work scheme, subsidised canteen, long service rewards, on-site parking
Working Hours: Continental shift pattern (4 on, 4 off) working 12 hour shifts, rotating between days & nights which will also include working weekends and bank holidays.
Our General Operators (GO's) work in a range of areas including: Packaging, Process, Multipack and Services. In Process, you could be involved with inspection duties, manual handing, automation tasks carrying out housekeeping duties or carrying out laboratory tests. In Packaging & Multipack, you'll be part of a team packing product, operating and checking machinery and carrying out important quality checks. In Services you will be supporting the line by providing raw materials, quality checks and dealing with waste segregation to support our environmental commitment.
Roles & Responsibilities
The GO's responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Operating and setting machinery whilst being accountable for a number of pieces of equipment, ensuring they are health and Safety compliant, at a set standard and identifying when they are not.
- Understanding the cause for any drops in standards with machinery, along with the impact of this and how to rectify issues.
- Understanding and interpreting numerical data and confidently communicating verbally and in written form machine performance.
- Cover for colleagues absence as and when necessary.
- Maintaining high safety, hygiene and housekeeping standards.
- Proactively escalating for assistance from wider shift team where necessary if issues occur outside of the GO remit.
- Responsible for collaborating with other Manufacturing Technicians (MT's) and Operational Team Leaders (OTL's) to ensure end to end line performance (within manufacturing environment).
- 90% time should be focused on "Maintain the Standard" 10% of time on "Improve the Standard".
- Proactively escalating to the Shift Technicians (ST's) and shift leadership team for assistance where necessary if issues occur outside of expected capability or role remit.
- Proactively identifies, coaches and escalates where required people performance/behaviour gaps.
- Takes and drives actions based on numerical data and or machine performance.
At PepsiCo we are committed to the development of our people. You will receive comprehensive training for the General Operator role and will be supported during your probationary period to achieve the required standard. Those with a passion to progress will have the opportunity for further development to enhance their career within the wider PepsiCo business. The HomeGrown Programme is a development programme solely targeted at our frontline employees. Successful applicants will be supported in their chosen career path with an advanced apprenticeship standard e.g. Technical route General Operator, Manufacturing Technician and Leadership route to Coordinator.
What we are looking for:
- Confident communicator with a positive self-starter attitude who is conscientious and focused on results.
- Ability to work as part of a team and willingness to learn how to operate equipment in an autonomous role.
- Basic numerical, reading, analytical and computer skills.
- Organised and methodical person, but not afraid of working under pressure.
- Flexible and proactive person with the ability to solve basic problems.