The original, unrivalled fresh pasta company wants you to join our team! Ugo Foods Group are looking for a talented, ambitious, and determined Warehouse Supervisor to join our growing team!
This role is ideal for an individual who has previous experience managing warehouse environments, who would like a fresh, hands-on challenge with the opportunity to grow and develop alongside our exceptional Logistics team.
Ugo Foods Group manufactures over 150,000 meals per week and this role will focus on managing the logistical operation that supports our facility in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the supervision of a small Warehousing team on nights.
Duties and responsibilities for this role include:
- Proactively managing and motivating the team, engaging colleagues to ensure the best performance
- Manage the team to achieve targeted daily and weekly Key Performance Indicators (attendance, orders completed, accidents/incidents reported, paperwork and handover completed, etc.)
- Ensure department operates in line with all company and customer procedures and requirements relating to Health and Safety
- Ensure processes and procedures are adhered to throughout the operation, with exceptional focus on health and safety
- Encourage a culture of excellent customer service 'right first time' with the team (internal and external customers)
- Ensure sufficient resource is available in order to meet performance expectations
- Responsible for driving high levels of employee engagement
- Work closely with the AM and PM team (warehouse and production) to ensure that all plans are adhered to
- Ensure that any performance, conduct, or capability issues are thoroughly investigated, and any required resulting actions are completed in a timely manner
-Ensure the FIFO is adhered to and regular stock takes conducted.
-Handover conducted between shifts
This list is not exhaustive.
The successful candidate will be working in a fast-paced environment and must be able to work under pressure from time-to-time.
The successful candidate will be expected to work flexibly to the needs of the business and will generally work from Tuesday to Saturday 21:30 to 06:30. Further details of this can be discussed at interview.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years working in Warehouse-based roles
- Experience managing chill-chain logistics, in the FMCG sector
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using the Microsoft Office 365 suite of applications
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience operating Reach Forklift Trucks (essential) and Counterbalance Forklift Trucks (desired)
Working at Ugo Foods Group
Ugo Foods Group has been a family-owned business for over 90 years. We offer all employees free access to our Employee Assistance Programme from the first day of employment. Our EAP service provides employees with legal support and advice, mental health support and occupational health services. You will also be provided access to a free mobile phone app with a wealth of wellness material as well as free counselling sessions provided by qualified, independent professionals. Use of the EAP programme is completely private and confidential.
Ugo Foods Group has internally developed and promoted over 50% of its internal management team from entry-level positions. Learning and Development is a key part of our culture, and we look forward to welcoming new members to our team who can grow and develop with the company.