Job ref: 8578
An exciting managerial position has become available working for a successful and dynamic food business that manufactures high-end products. They work closely with their worldwide producers to be able to develop an innovative, great-tasting product range and have an excellent reputation for the supply of brands across the food manufacturing sector.
About the Production Manager job
The purpose of your role will be to ensure safe working practices are always followed by staff members. you shall oversee, assess, and review risk assessments as per the companies directive. You shall be working closely with machine operators to implement improvements where necessary resulting in reduction of wastages and minimising the businesses costings.
- Maintaining Food Safety standards, Health & Safety standards and ensuring safe working practices are adhered to at all times.
- Implement and oversee all approved requests from the technical team. Oversee hygiene and cleanliness levels making sure all staff members abide by the companies’ cleaning guidelines at all times.
- Co-ordinate shift schedules to maximise manufacturing efficiency.
- Take responsibility of ensuring production operatives follow guidelines and meet timing schedules whilst capturing any issues resulted in lost time or output.
- Escalate any raised issues to senior management and exercise and implement change where necessary. Support ongoing training and KPIs and keeping records of progress reports, improvements required and results.
The successful candidate should possess the ability to expertly communicate briefings in a group setting or directly with individuals, provide a high standard of relevant training and ongoing coaching. The successful person should have experience in a similar production management role.
- IT literate, exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proven Continuous Improvement experience.
- The ability to work in a team setting or without supervision.
- Positive attitude to role and an excellent worth ethic.
- Efficiency, a keen eye for detail and strong leadership skills.
The Production Manager job is based in East Anglia and is paying c. £40,000 according to your experience.
The working hours are Monday to Friday with some flexibility on shift times.
Alternate job titles
Operations Manager | Shift Manager | Senior Production Manager | Production Team Leader | Production Supervisor | Continuous Improvements Manager | Food Operations Jobs