HSE Manager – FT or PT considered
Job ref: 8577
This business is an established, growing company coming into its 15th year of manufacturing a wide variety of products. They offer a wide range of services from creating formulations manufacturing, filling, delivery and regulatory & compliance. They have a number of well-recognised accreditations under their belt and work with some of the UK’s biggest retailers and brand owners in their specialised sector.
About the HSE Manager job
The purpose of your role will be to take responsibility for advising the company on health and safety and environmental legislation issues and providing advice to employees on all aspects appertaining to health and safety matters and risk assessments. You will carry out incident/accident investigations, liaising with the relevant authorities, continuously seek, propose and implement H&S performance improvements and manage the day-to-day activities to ensure this business is professional, efficient, compliant, safe and legal.
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and environment, including statutory training and reporting.
- Engage, continuously develop and promote safety at all levels to support and sustain a positive safety culture, providing guidance and advice to operational staff.
- Carry out appropriate risk assessments and safe working systems are in place, making recommendations for improvements and ensuring implementation.
- Carry out site safety inspections and any/all investigation processes, ensuring corrective actions are addressed and closed off and reported to relevant parties, both internal and external (if necessary).
- Report to the COO and CEOs monthly on relevant H&S statistics and actions and Share success at daily/weekly and monthly meetings to all teams. Ensure all staff have access to protective workwear necessary to fulfil their roles and manage actions.
- Manage the HSE System to ensure compliance based on annual audits, keeping up to date with legislative changes, ensuring these are incorporated and communicated as necessary. Ensure H&S policies and procedures are up-to-date and relevant whilst liaising with external bodies including but not limited to the HSE, Occupational Health, the Fire Service etc.
- In conjunction with the Operations Manager, Engineer, Technical Manager and relevant project Manager, carry out risk assessments on any new or significantly altered machinery, plant, equipment being installed.
- Coordinate systems for control of pollution, waste management, recycling, conservation and renewable energy and improve current systems, risk assessments and management tools through plan do check act (PDCA) principles, review of current and any revised processes.
The successful candidate should possess proven experience of effectively managing Health & Safety in a manufacturing environment. Have extensive knowledge of H&S protocols and best practice, and you would have successfully completed a NEBOSH National General Certification in Occupational Health & Safety. Trained in HACCP.
- Experienced in writing procedures, risk assessments, COSHH & safe systems of work.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to confidently liaise with staff across all levels of the business.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritise and delegate effectively.
- Confident with good presentation/training skills, a keen eye for attention to detail, exceptional problem-solving skills, IT literacy is essential.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence others with the ability to work collaboratively.
- More details
The HSE Manager job is based in East Anglia and offers a competitive salary according to your experience.
The HSE Manager working hours can either be full or time part. TBC upon application.
Alternate job titles
Health&Safety Manager | H&S Manager | H&S Supervisor | Health & Safety Coordinator | Manufacturing H&S Jobs