Technical & Quality Assurance Manager / Fresh Produce / Hereford
We are work with a fantastic grower and packer of fresh produce supplying supermarkets across the UK.Role
As a Technical & Quality Manager, you will play a pivotal role in maintaining the high-quality standards for the business. Reporting to the Packhouse Manager and Farm Manager, you'll lead a dynamic team and oversee the entire Technical Department. Your responsibilities will span quality management, food safety, regulatory compliance, and continuous improvement initiatives.Key Responsibilities:
- Manage Quality, Housekeeping, and Technical teams
- Enhance and maintain Quality Management Systems.
- Uphold and improve Food Safety Management Systems, including HACCP.
- Champion an 'audit ready' approach, managing internal and external audits and accreditations.
- Lead worker welfare standards, ensuring ethical policies are followed.
- Drive innovations to enhance efficiency while upholding quality standards.
- Liaise with customers, marketing groups, and import suppliers for technical queries.
- Ensure compliant packaging specifications align with customer requirements.
- Collaborate with the admin department and oversee the packaging department in coordination with the Packhouse Manager.
- Collaborate with the Farm Manager on crop-picking plans based on quality and supermarket specifications.
For this role, you will currently be a Quality Manager or Technical Manager within a fresh produce business and ideally have fruit experience. You will have a proven track record of driving quality standards forward and improving processes within a business. You will have experience in leading audits and you will build good working relationships internally and externally within the business with a flexible approach to work. How to Apply
If this sounds like you, please apply via the link. Alternatively, for a confidential chat about this exciting role, please get in touch with Luan on 01780 480530 or email@example.com.