Billingham (Home of McCoy's, Wheat Crunchies, Pombear and more)
As Operations Manager you will take full responsibility for site operations capability and efficiency working with colleagues to deliver capital projects. You will provide leadership, support and guidance as a subject matter expert and a key member of the site leadership team.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading, coaching and developing the site line structures
- Delivering against a set of strong KPI’s striving for continuous improvement
- Autonomous site operational responsibility – leading with engineering and manufacturing
- Deployment of IWS (lean approach) and lead pillar activity striving for zero loss and 100% colleague involvement
- Strategic input and P&L management
- Delivering a balanced scorecard across SQCPDM
The ideal candidate will have / be:
- Experience in the FMCG manufacturing industry, including engineering and project management.
- Previous experience on a Leadership Team with a proven record of driving cross functional improvement.
- Strong track record of delivering positive, successful change in a food manufacturing environment
- Demonstrable leadership skills with a track record of engaging and developing people
- Strong business acumen with the ability to drive focused improvement using financial data
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles and IWS/ Six Sigma
- Excellent communication and motivational skills
- Analytical skills with the ability to apply strategic solutions
- Very forward thinking and process orientated
- A clear sense of ownership and determination to deliver beyond expectations