Savencia Fromage & Dairy is the worlds #5 cheese manufacturer and a major player in milk processing, focused on cheese and milk specialities. We also specialise in other dairy products including delicatessen, seafood and chocolate. We are present in 31 countries and our products are sold in 120 countries. We have 80 production sites and employ 22,000 staff globally.
Here in the UK we specialise in distributing Continental Cheese to major UK retailers. We have a factory based in Westbury, Wiltshire as well as a Satellite office based in Hampton.
Our team based in Westbury, are currently seeking a NEBOSH Qualified Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to ensure that Health and Safety best practice standards are developed and maintained on each of our sites, whilst holding the responsibility for driving the safety culture and ensuring everyone adheres to the policies on safety and the environment.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Provide advice, support and practical solutions to the site in planning, implementing and reviewing all Health, Safety and Environmental activities.
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory legal obligations.
- Support in finalising the 2024 strategic action plan to deliver improvements in our H&S culture.
- Continuous review of the fire alarm system.
- Accident investigation and follow up.
- Review all SOP’s and risk assessments to ensure upto date and compliant with relevant legislation.
- Further develop the effectiveness of the Health and Safety committee, chairing meetings and ensuring communication of actions is done at all levels within the organisation.
- Analysis of data to identify and resolve HSE issues, including the tracking of trends in relation to accidents, incidents and near misses.
- Further develop the behavioral safety visit process.
- Develop, deliver and facilitate health, safety and environmental training as necessary.
- Monthly reporting of HSE KPI’s with analysis where required.
- Work with the CSR Coordinator and Facilities Manager to coordinate systems for pollution, waste management, recycling and renewable energy to make necessary improvements relating to our CSR agenda.
- NEBOSH Qualification essential or equivalent Health & Safety qualification (Level 7)
- Manufacturing background, preferably FMCG/Food
- Demonstrate 3 years relevant experience of managing health and safety at a senior level
- Hold chartered membership of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH)
- Demonstrate significant experience in developing and implementing organisational health and safety procedures
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the legislation, principles and frameworks relating to Health and Safety functions.
- Experienced in writing procedures, risk assessments and safe systems of work.
- Excellent organisation skills
- Ability to work accurately under pressure of multiple deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Sensitive approach to colleagues
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary and annual salary reviews
- 10% Bonus
- Private healthcare
- Defined pension contribution and life assurance benefits
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with the opportunity to earn extra
- Volunteering leave
- Company Sick Pay
- Enhanced family friendly leave
- Discounted Cheese
- In-house Mental Health Champions
- Bike to work scheme