£40,000 - £50,000
Job ref: 8579
This is innovative company produces unique health products derived from an original family recipe. Award winning and currently experiencing real growth plus endorsed by well-known sporting figures, this is a great time to join in on their success.
About the Technical Manager job
As the Technical Manager, you will be a champion for food safety, legality, authenticity, and quality. The emphasis of the role will be on further developing food safety and quality systems, to meet certification, customer, and legal requirements. You will work closely with the operational team to ensure their total commitment to the highest possible standards and a proactive food safety and quality culture.
- Develop and maintain the site safety & quality management system that complies with BRCGS certification, customer codes of practice and relevant legislation.
- Implement and maintain internal auditing and systems reviews against the FSQMS to ensure compliance and to encourage improvement.
- As site HACCP Team Leader, develop and manage the internal HACCP system to ensure safe food production. Ensure site readiness and lead compliance audits such as BRCGS, Local Authority, Customer.
- Complaint management: ensuring all complaints received are managed effectively with investigation and response within the agreed timescale and where relevant, by obtaining evidence from the customer to assist investigation.
- Work with internal teams to embed a Food Safety and Quality culture and support new product & process development projects by being the technical expert on food safety, customer standards, food safety regulations and labelling.
The successful candidate will have a degree in food science or a relevant discipline and 5 years manufacturing experience in a food environment. Experience working with retailers and achieving retailer compliance - customer facing and a background with specification systems e.g. Sainsbury’s, Tesco, M&S is essential.
- Knowledge of food legislation, functional foods, health claims would be helpful. HACCP Level 4 qualified, good knowledge of BRCGS Food v9 and internal audits.
- Able to work to tight deadlines under pressure, good at setting priorities, proactive and delivers accurate work with attention to detail.
- Willing to be hands on in the factory within quality, conducting and coordinating internal system audits and competency audits.
- A proven track record of effective product safety and quality management. NPD experience with ‘critical paths’ would be an advantage and product development is key.
- Excellent leadership, people management and communication to influence internal and external stakeholders.
The Technical Manager job is based in Cambridgeshire and is paying £40,000 - £50,000 according to your experience.
The working hours are Monday to Friday day shifts. Hybrid working one-two days fortnightly for the right applicant.
Alternate job titles
QA Manager | Quality Assurance Manager | Senior Quality Manager | Food Manufacturing Technical Management Jobs | Food Safety Jobs | Technical Compliance Jobs | Technical Coordinator | Food Technologist