Food Manufacturing/FMCG Background – Chilled Foods, Ready Meals, Food to Go
Highly successful growing food company
Location: Ealing area
Salary: Around £28.000
Benefits: Numerous benefits including 33 days holiday (including bank holidays back in lieu), pension, life assurance, income protection, extensive discounts for you & your family & various other benefits.
Work pattern: Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm with the very occasional later finish during product launches. Some flexibility to work from home on Fridays.
Background: At least 1 year in food manufacturing, FMCG, Chilled Foods.
Highly successful, forward thinking chilled food group, focused on quality of service & products, supplying to leading food retailers throughout the UK & internationally are looking for a Process Technologist to join the business, due to their continued rapid expansion. The successful Process Technologist will work with a skilled, passionate, diverse team & in a culture where employees are supported & can develop their career as the company continues to grow. Innovative & continuously looking at market trends, the company regularly develop new products for the chilled market & work with several high-profile retailers.
This is a great time to join the company to use your experience & skills to help the company change & evolve whilst benefitting from the company’s growth opportunities.
The Process Technologist will have at least 1 years’ experience working in a similar Process Technologist role in the food manufacturing industry ideally within a high care environment & will work closely with the Senior Process Technologist. The role is very varied & the successful candidate will be involved in the launch of new products, doing factory trials, reviewing materials with the purchasing team, doing weigh checks, HACCP validation & taking the product from NDP concept to launching. The successful candidate will also be involved in developing new processes – building a QS database, new factory processes, technical requirements, HACCP validation etc.
The role is extremely interesting & the successful candidate will have a lot to get their teeth stuck into.
With a continued expansion there is also definite progression for the right candidate.
- Attend feasibility and NPD meetings to understand new products and follow up.
- Liaise with Commercial team regarding distribution changes
- Liaising with QA team to ensure all paperwork is updated correctly
- Work alongside the senior process technologist to plan, organise and execute product trials following Taiko launch procedures
- Assist in process improvement and ensure all necessary product validations are accurate and on time for any new or existing products
- Use datalogger programmes to analyse data
- Carry out staff training for new products, processes or equipment if required; Responsible for managing product related documents (i.e. process recipes, QAS, photo standards,..) from end to end
- Organise samples for external lab testing – nutritional, shelf life, chemical etc. as required
- Arrange any necessary travel tests for new products
- Responsible for organising product trials for customer panels; complete trial and launch reports; follow up by attending meetings for any issues
- Liaising with the relevant team to ensure all trials, pre-production trials and launches are completed and followed up
- Troubleshoot process issues as necessary
- At least 1 years’ experience in a Food to go manufacturing environment in a similar role within the UK
- Experience of working in a high care environment would be an advantage
- Understanding of the product development process, specifically planning and conducting trials, creating data for specifications and writing QAS
- Ability to follow critical paths/ project timelines is essential
- High level of reliability and flexibility is essential
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good time management and organisational skills
· Qualification in food related discipline would be an advantage though not essential
Salary & Benefits:
The starting salary for this role is up to £28,000 plus 33 days holiday (including bank holidays back in lieu), pension, life assurance, income protection, extensive discounts for you & your family, medical cover & discretionary bonus. The role is Monday – Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm with an occasional work until 9.00pm when there is a product launch. The role has a definite path to progression & is a great opportunity for the right candidate.