Lead QA and Raw Materials Technologist
Up to £30,000
Job ref: 8580
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a traditional, family business which is extremely proud of its products. Supplied into high-quality outlets and retailers, the company has a clear vision to make and sell the best tasting and highest quality products.
About the Lead QA and Raw Materials Technologist job
The purpose of your role will be to undertake tasks assigned by the technical team and provide legislative compliance is always adhered to aswell as communicating with all departments to maintain the quality management systems and procedures at the highest levels.
- Manage supplier and ingredient data across including risk assessments, and carry out routine quality checks, traceability, cleaning and CCP validation checks to ensure audit readiness.
- Take responsibility for preparing and delivering supplier performance reviews and attend weekly product implementation reviews for all in-house products.
- Work closely with production and NPD to resolve any process issues that may occur for both new and existing products. Champion the resolution of non-conformances through investigation and route cause analysis.
- Assist Technical team with product launch checks, labelling compliance and sign off and generate finished product specification documents. Be part of the development of training packages, and their training to relevant staff whilst participating in QA & Technical Projects.
- Lead the internal audit team to ensure all internal audits are completed to a high standard and according to schedule.
The successful candidate shall possess a degree in Food Science as well as have excellent written and verbal communication skills. A keen eye for the finer details and a good understanding of nutritional based technical information. Previous experience of working in a food manufacturing facility would be advantageous.
- The ability to communicate openly and build exceptional working relationships is key to success in this role.
- Good leadership qualities and a desire to aid others in their learning and ongoing progress.
- An innovative mind-set and the desire to continually improve processes including minimizing spends, wastages and timeframes.
The Lead QA and Raw Materials Technologist job is based in Winchester, Hampshire and is paying up to £30,000 according to your experience.
The package includes 25 days annual leave plus paid bank holidays. The working hours are Monday to Friday 40 hours per week.
Alternate job titles
QA Team Leader | Quality Supervisor | QA Supervisor | Quality Assurance Supervisor | Senior QA Auditor | Quality Technician | QA Coordinator | Food QA Jobs | Specification Technologist | Specifications Writer | Technical Administrator | Technical Assistant | Technical Officer | Food Technologist | Food Industry Specifications Jobs