QEHS Team Leader- Settle
Location: Settle, GB
Arla Foods, Settle Creamery: BD24 9AE
Days based role – Monday – Friday
9 month Fixed Term Contract
- Competitive salary
- Annual Pay review
- Employer pension matched up to 6% (12% total contributory)
- X4 annual salary life assurance cover
- Flexible Benefits- buy up to 5 days annual leave, reward gateway scheme- discounts with various retailers via my benefit platform.
- Subsidized staff canteen
- Access to discounted Arla products
What will the role look like?
Reporting into the QEHS Manager on site, you will be responsible for the following:
- Develops and manages the QEHS function ensuring relevant certifiable standards/policies, customer demands, and legislation and local standards in a cost-conscious manner on site
- Main contact for all matters relating to QEHS
- Responsible for quality compliance, both customer and legislative
- Lead for all customer and external audits
- Policy/procedural updates in line with up to date standards
- Customer and supplier complaints investigations
- Leading the safety compliance and agenda for the business
- Managing EHS audits both internal and external
- Coordinating with sites EHS and Quality team and cascading of joint activities
- Custodian for environmental compliance within MVI and coordination with Taw Valley team when required.
- Responsibility for QEHS budget adherence
- Supports analytical equipment and external testing compliance
- Working with wider, high performing team to resolve problems or improvement activities
- Responsible for QEHS teams delivery and people development
- Overseeing logistics activities and direct report
The successful candidate will have a proven track record, certificates and experience working in a similar environment, as well as solid experience managing a team.
Desirable skills & qualifications:
- Food Safety Level 3 & HACCP Level 3
- Good IT skills
- Ability to use bespoke computer software (you will also be working with all Microsoft platforms)
- Strong communication and influencing skills will be essential for this role.
In return, you can expect a competitive salary and the opportunity to work with a market leading company that encourages personal development.
Things we’d love to tell you about our Settle site
- We have just had £30 million of investment to bring Lactofree milk production to the UK.
- Our site capacity has increased by 50% through this investment.
- Settle also produces UHT milk for UK and export markets.
- They are an ambitious bunch, and are always looking for ways to improve efficiency and enhance quality.
Things We’d Love To Tell You About Arla
- We are a farmer- owned cooperative. That means we are committed to partnering with farmers so they are guaranteed a fair price for their milk.
- We experimented with poo powered trucks (google it- you won’t regret it), and built the world’s first ever 100% carbon neutral dairy. All as part of our ongoing commitment to combatting climate change.
- We are the producer of Lurpak, one of the world’s most iconic butter brands.
- We are a Danish business, operating across the UK, Europe, Asia, The Middle East, North America, South America and other regions across the globe.
Please apply using the link or reach out to Olivia Pine, Talent Partner at Arla Foods.
Please note we are not partnered with any recruitment agencies for this role. We kindly ask that recruitment agencies do not submit CVs on behalf of candidates for this role, as these CVs will not be considered under the agency ownership and if Arla does progress with any such candidate, this will not amount to acceptance of the agency’s terms. We encourage interested individuals to apply directly through our official channels.
We have a purpose for Good
At Arla, we strive to unlock the highest potential in each other while working together to create a sustainable future of dairy. We call it Stronger People Stronger Planet and it is deeply anchored in our organisation and founded on our commitment to respecting human rights, increasing access to healthy dairy nutrition, inspiring good food habits, and improving the environment for future generations. In order to succeed we need to hire people with a sustainable mindset. Could this be you?
BEWARE! RECRUITMENT FRAUD
It has come to our attention that there are a number of fraudulent emails and fake recruitment campaigns on the internet from people purporting to work for Arla Foods. Learn more via this link.