Renowned for its expertise in a highly desirable product area, this well-established and fast-growing premium manufacturer of delicious, sweet products for leading UK retailer and food service markets, operates from a state-of-the-art BRC grade A site.
As a development technologist / product developer, you will be experienced foodie you will have a strong culinary background within blue-sky creation and innovation at the front end of the product development process. This will also involve refinement of ingredients and processes in the manufacture of existing products and providing culinary advice to the factory.
- Formal food and/or culinary qualification.
- Experience of working as a development chef or a product developer within a food manufacturing environment.
- Experience of factory scale-up essential.
- Good knowledge of food trends and concepts.
- A passionate foodie with a talent for creativity and food innovation.
- Experienced working with patisserie or dessert products.
- Project management skills to deliver within resource constraints.
- Create new and improved recipes as requested by marketing and customers, taking into account such parameters as cost, nutritional requirements, ease of production, required process modifications.
- Taking recipes from concept to factory scale up.
- This includes innovation and range extension.
- Identify and manage ingredient/product initiatives, liaising with Suppliers, Purchasing and Production to deliver.
- Manage production trials and provide advisory support to production on launch to maintain customer integrity.
- Attend and contribute to customer presentations to enhance business relationships alongside buying, sales and technical personnel.
- Supervise the work and support the development of NPD Assistants.
To apply or for more information, please e-mail in strict confidence, with an updated CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable or call 020 8203 1000.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.