Our client is one of Britain’s biggest listed food companies, employing thousands of employees over several manufacturing sites and offices up and down the country. Many of their brands have been part of British life for more than a century and you’ll find their products in the vast majority of British household’s cupboards.
This role would suit a true “foodie” with a passion for creative innovative and consumer trend-based product development and practical know-how to translate ideas into fantastic products. The company is seeking to expand their product portfolio into new products and formats, and the successful candidate with part an instrumental role in this process.
- A degree, HNC or a BTEC in in a food related subject. Other qualifications would be considered, in particular culinary/chef-based qualifications and experience
- 1-2+ years creative development experience A real “foodie” (Desirable) with passion/flair for creative innovative trend-based product development
- Ambitious self-starter, able to manage their own projects independently; flexible, tenacious, problem solving in all aspects of development
- Desirable behaviours – Spark brilliance, drive change, think big, stay curious and inspire ownership & act together.
- Deliver the R&D programme for NPD/EPD/ESG for the related product area Lead scale-up development via pilot plant & factory trials with operations and site technical teams at relevant sites
- Work independently and with marketing to develop new ideas and shape projects
- Monitor current trends in cuisines, ingredients, and consumer trends
- Understand the ingredient, product functionality and work with suppliers to develop exciting new opportunities
- To work with the Sensory and Marketing teams to set benchmarks and appropriate product assessments
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.