12 months fixed-term contract
This is a great opportunity to join our team and continue the great work in bringing to life our condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Be responsible for Environmental Management System ensuring compliance with statutory duty and on-site leadership of McCormick PLP Sustainability agenda.
- Guide and assist Crew Leads, SHE committee representatives to meet programs and activities required by local law (including workplace audits and incident investigations).
- Follow up implementation of Environment initiatives / provide reports and feedback to regional stakeholders.
- Develop Policies and Procedures for Environment related activities and ensures appropriate communication.
- Ensure that incident investigations are conducted in a timely manner and follow up action plan.
- Prepare daily, weekly and periodic Environmental KPI.
- Source and procure site consumables & equipment related to environmental protection.
- Deputize for S&H Coordinator providing daily SHE updates and Regional periodic reporting.
- NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Previous experience as Safety, Health & Environmental Supervisor or Coordinator.
- Previous experience in Accident and Incident Investigation.
- Ability to adjust working time to meet business demands (pre or post shift and weekends).
- Understanding of leading and lagging safety indicators and the use of Safety Data to drive safety initiatives and promote best practices.
- Competent PC Skills - Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint.
- Leadership and communication skills with an ability to gain trust, confidence, and respect of all internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to establish strong working relationships and effective communication with Human Resources and Facilities across the organization.
- Experience in mentoring/supervising employees.
- Experience in a highly automated process environment would be beneficial.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With over 14,000 employees around the world and more than $6 Billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets, and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers.
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 60 locations in 25 countries and 170 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.
Thank you for your interest at McCormick and time you invested in your application. Please note, all applications are being thoroughly reviewed by our Talent Acquisition team and only selected candidates will be contacted.