M&E Specialist - Automation Engineer- Oakthorpe Dairy
- M&E Specialist – Automation System Specialist (IT / OT Technical Specialist)
- Arla Foods, Oakthorpe Dairy, N13 6BU
- Shift pattern: Days – Monday – Friday (hybrid)
Things we’d love to tell you about our Oakthorpe site
- Arla Oakthorpe has received £30 million investment with more on the horizon
- This investment has been on a state of the art Krones filling line and office revamp
- On average our Oakthorpe dairy produces 800,000 litres of milk per day, which is over 190 million litres yearly
- When Oakthorpe was built it had the largest crane in Europe to lift the sterilised plant in, that’s why the roof is V shaped
So what do IT/OT
As IT/OT Technical Specialist you will have responsibility for the support of the OT technology which in-turn supports the operations of the business, this includes but is not limited to, process control and monitoring equipment, and plant infrastructure. You will be able to forge an open and positive working relationship with system owners and key members of the Manufacturing and Development Departments, promoting proactive, two-way communication in order to implement best-practice and integration with the IT Infrastructure
- Support implementation of OT hardware and infrastructure
- Perform technical operational support work and systems administration for operational technology systems.
- Monitor, operate and enhance complex OT infrastructure and industrial control systems of distinctive platforms, including mid-range servers, and desktop computers, and OT equipment.
- Provide consultation with regards to software/systems implementation and validation.
- Perform help desk functions for more complex problems, including problem tracking, analysis, resolution, escalation, and coordination
- Strive to provide the best workable solution using the software/systems and systems available in alignment with the sites digital strategy.
- Provide hands-on operational support (technology, out-of-the-box configurations, process and content) for installed solutions.
- Support the end user base in using the above software/systems, to assist in search, transformation and reporting of data to business stakeholders
- Perform high level system administration of OT systems: managing the user roles, including their configurations, security rights and access rights
- Experience of working with IT / OT Systems within an FMCG and/or Food Production Environment
- Ability to work well under pressure, managing multiple projects and workstreams simultaneously
- In Depth knowledge of the latest Microsoft Operating Systems, and experience with older OS’s (Win CE/XP onwards) could be advantageous in the short term.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Licensing Models (OS KMS, SQL, RDS CAL etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Databases
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
- Experience of working with Hypervisor systems, specifically VMWare ESXi and vSphere
- Understanding of Backup Systems such as VEEAM
- Experience with Linux Server Systems, such as Ubuntu Server 22.04
- Knowledge of Siemens TIA or similar Automation Systems
- Experience working with Ticketing systems
- The candidate for this role will be required to communicate with team members with varying levels of technical ability, both locally and with our Central Teams in Denmark and Poland
- Understanding of SAP HANA ERP Solutions
- Managing External Vendor relationships to ensure timely provision of specialist resources
- OPEX and CAPEX understanding
Things We’d Love To Tell You About Arla
We are a farmer- owned cooperative. That means we are committed to partnering with farmers so they are guaranteed a fair price for their milk.
- We experimented with poo powered trucks (google it- you won’t regret it), and built the world’s first ever 100% carbon neutral dairy. All as part of our ongoing commitment to combatting climate change.
- We are the producer of Lurpak, one of the world’s most iconic butter brands.
- We are a Danish business, operating across the UK, Europe, Asia, The Middle East, North America, South America and other regions across the globe.
Please note we are not partnered with any recruitment agencies for this role. We kindly ask that recruitment agencies do not submit CVs on behalf of candidates for this role, as these CVs will not be considered under the agency ownership and if Arla does progress with any such candidate, this will not amount to acceptance of the agency's terms. We encourage interested individuals to apply directly through our official channels.
Please apply using the link, and if you have any questions reach out to Talent Acquisition Partner Patrick Kilbride. The closing date for this role is the 12th of December.
We have a purpose for Good
At Arla, we strive to unlock the highest potential in each other while working together to create a sustainable future of dairy. We call it Stronger People Stronger Planet and it is deeply anchored in our organisation and founded on our commitment to respecting human rights, increasing access to healthy dairy nutrition, inspiring good food habits, and improving the environment for future generations. In order to succeed we need to hire people with a sustainable mindset. Could this be you?
BEWARE! RECRUITMENT FRAUD
It has come to our attention that there are a number of fraudulent emails and fake recruitment campaigns on the internet from people purporting to work for Arla Foods. Learn more via this link.