Based in London - NW10
37.5 hours per week
08.30am - 5pm
Monday – Friday
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Excellent rewards package including - Life Insurance, Short Term Bonus, Private Medical Insurance
Bakkavor – We`re the biggest name you've never heard of. You've probably eaten our food - you just didn't realise it. We make innovative fresh products, with around 18,500 colleagues working across the UK, US and China. We’re the market leader in the UK fresh prepared food industry supplying meals, salads, desserts, pizza and bread to leading grocery retailers (including Tesco, M&S, Sainsbury's and Waitrose). We’re ambitious, full of ideas and ready for more people who share our values and passion for quality to join us.
A very exciting opportunity has arisen at our site in London for a Development Chef to work across a variety of retailers and categories.
We are looking for a creative chef who has an enthusiasm and love of food
• Effective internal working relationships across key functions to support the development process activity
• Manages and supports the team to effectively deliver the development activity to the highest standard
• Manages hospitality for customer and high-profile visits. Customer support as required.
• Ability to present product to internal and external customers. Demonstrates culinary knowledge, expertise passion and flair. Is able to convert feedback into appropriate action
• Supports the customer pipeline through inspirational and innovative product and process ideation. Has the ability to translate food trends into relevant and commercially viable product Development. Supports sector-led innovation opportunities
• Fully understands relevant site capabilities and has an understanding of broader group capabilities
• Responsible for ensuring the development kitchen facility operates to a high standard
• Develops NPD and EPD, to an agreed quality and timescale, based on a strong understanding of all Development and commercial parameters. Seeks opportunities for margin enhancement
• Kitchen assistant as direct report
Required Skills & Experience:
• Qualified chef – restaurant or manufacturing experience
• Passion for food and inherent interest in the food industry
• Culinary skills, passion, creative flair & tenacious nature
• Willingness to learn and grow into the role and business
What’s in it for you?
As an equal opportunities employer, we are committed to providing a safe and rewarding environment for you to thrive. This is why we work hard to deliver benefits, rewards and wellbeing offerings that are important to you.
Additional benefits for this role include stakeholder pension scheme, personal accident Insurance, free independent mortgage advice, employee assistance programme, a range of voluntary benefits (holiday purchase scheme, additional life assurance, dental & hospital cash plans), discounted tutoring for children, access to financial learning tools and affordable loans via your salary, proud to be and loyal service awards.
Our colleague wellbeing offering encompasses a range of emotional, physical and financial support services delivered by our fantastic team of wellbeing champions.
Proud to be Bakkavor
We’re proud to be the market leader in the UK fresh prepared food industry - supplying meals, salads, desserts, pizza and bread to leading grocery retailers including Tesco, M&S, Sainsburys and Waitrose.
We’re driven by the hard work and passion of our people and are delighted to offer a wide range of careers across our business – come and join our dedicated Bakkavor team!