Quality Assurance Specialist
£23,000 - £26,000
Job ref: 8587
Originating in a home kitchen almost four decades ago, this business has experienced tremendous growth in hand crafted treats and is now recognized as a market leader in baked goods across the UK. They have a huge passion for their products and customers and are always looking for ways to make their products even more delicious. They’re always striving to improve their work on new ideas and product innovation.
About the Quality Assurance Specialist job
The purpose of your role will be to take responsibility for ensuring product safety, quality control and assuring compliance with (GMP). The Quality Assurance Specialist shall establish and implement quality management processes, conducting quality audits, and continuously improving quality standards.
- Work effectively with teams on improvements and corrective actions and overseeing the implementation of such changes whilst providing supportive and accurate documentation.
- To ensure the HACCP/Quality Systems are correctly implemented, monitored, and controlled, along with the day-to-day management of Quality Systems whilst ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation, managing external agencies, and ensuring product safety/security.
- Support the technical team with incoming customer complaints, to address and resolve raised issues through to resolution.
- Ensure the control, and corrective action of any non-conforming products either from production or at intake. Raise supplier nonconformance/rejection notifications and follow up to ensure investigations are carried out within requested timeframes.
- Oversee and ensure a high level of hygiene is always maintained. Collection and hosting of products for allergens, water and environment elements through testing and tasting samples and providing accurate documentation of your findings.
- Liaise with the Intake and Despatch to ensure that product testing is completed and within specification.
The successful candidate should be self-driven and motivated with have a minimum one-year experience within a food manufacturing environment and knowledge of baking process advantageous.
- Ability to work independently unaided and as effectively within a team setting.
- Experience in working with Microsoft business suite and ability to adapt to new computer software where required.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- High level of literacy and numerical ability.
- Good communicate both in written and verbal form.
The Quality Assurance Specialist job is based in West Midlands and is paying £23,000 - £26,000 according to your experience.
The package includes discounted products, 15 minutes paid break, free on-site parking, and company pension scheme.
The working hours are 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday with a shift pattern of 06:00am - 14:00pm - flexibility on shift pattern required.
Alternate job titles
QA Technician | QA Auditor | Quality Assurance Auditor | Quality Auditor | Quality Assistant | QA Assistant | Quality Assurance Technician | Food Industry Technical QA Jobs