£24,000 plus 20% shift allowance for night shift
Job ref: 8569
This well established and long-standing company continues to manufacture high-quality food and treats that keep animals happy, healthy, and active throughout their lives. They use their own state-of-the-art UK manufacturing facilities with top-end quality control and sourcing the best quality ingredients for all their products.
About the QA Technician job
The purpose of your role will be to take responsibility for a broad range of duties to ensure their products meet all technical standards and comply with all regulations for their products to be fit for consumers.
- Take responsibility for internal auditing of products and packaging and producing accurate recorded findings.
- Oversee and investigate non-conforming products through inspection and testing, including allergen control and foreign body controls, finding, and assessing root cause analysis and cross contamination.
- Analyse labelling and pack controls, re-work controls where necessary and ensure products are ready for release.
- General food safety controls including (not exhaustive to) PPE, personal hygiene, and recipe control.
- Investigate complaints and food safety incidents, providing and implementing preventative measures moving forward.
The successful candidate should have some experience in auditing & traceability, as well as temperature controls. A background in a QA Tech role working to site policies and procedures would be desirable.
- Computer literacy including Microsoft office notably Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
The QA Technician job is based in Lancashire and is paying £24,000 plus an additional 20% shift allowance for night shift.
The package includes 20%-night shift allowance.
The working hours are Monday to Friday on rotating shifts: 6:00am-2:00pm, 2:00pm-10:00pm and 10:00pm 6:00am.
Alternate job titles
QA Auditor | Quality Assurance Auditor | Quality Auditor | QA Technologist | Quality Assistant | QA Assistant | Quality Assurance Technician | Food Industry Technical QA Jobs